Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hit rebuild button Citi Secured Approved

tag
1hotcat
Regular Contributor

I hit rebuild button Citi Secured Approved

1st of all I want to thank the Fico Forum Superhero's for giving me inspiration to make the jump into rebuilding my Credit :

I started with a 495 TU / 501 EXQ when I received an offer from Indigo M/C 12/2018 . I applied online and Instant approved for $300

Then check the Cap 1 prequalify site and the Secured Card came up and applied and approved $99 Deposit /$200 SL . 1/2019 I finally got back in with Cap 1 which I have a couple of collections (Shameful what a Divorce will do for your credit) . 

I looked at adding a retail card and I got approved for Fingerhut $400. 

Finally I wanted a second Major Bank card so I applied for the Citi Secured Card and Approved for $500 Deposit & Limit 

I'm thankful for your posting and look forward to contiunally growth with your successes !!!

5/19 Fico 8 EQ 530 TU 550 EX 539

Starting Scores:

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 740 (All 3 Bureau's) June 2024 **

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
The 1st stone looks just like a stone until one day you realize that you put one on top of the other and now it's a skyscraper .  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I hit rebuild button Citi Secured Approved

Congrats on your approval!! Been there, done that with the divorce. Completely understand!  Best Wishes on your continued growth as you rebuild!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!
I just got the citi secured a few weeks ago.
Capital one denied me for the secured
I have 4 collections with them at the moment tho
At least capital one gave you another chance

We can do this and rebuild!
Message 3 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Well done there OP, grats on the new card Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on your new card!   Bonus to the Citi is that it can graduate to one of their legacy products and be product changed Smiley Happy

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 11
1hotcat
Regular Contributor

Well I know it takes time so i will give it that . If the math is correct with good payment history our score will go up about 4 points per account per month . For me I'm thinking if i keep the utilization down under 10% the score will go up 15-20 points month until i get into the upper 600's . 

BTW i would look at the Cap 1 prequalify every 2 weeks and it does affect your credit. I spoke with a customer service rep from Cap1 and she told me that they still Unsecure and Graduate their secure cards and said that she did it for a customer earlier that day. So it takes 11 months to start that review . 

I'm gardening until August .  Let's do this ....

Starting Scores:

The 1st stone looks just like a stone until one day you realize that you put one on top of the other and now it's a skyscraper .  

Message 6 of 11
1hotcat
Regular Contributor

Well I know it takes time so i will give it that . If the math is correct with good payment history our score will go up about 4 points per account per month . For me I'm thinking if I keep the utilization down under 10% the score will go up 15-20 points a month until I get into the upper 600's  (Approx 7-8 months) . 

BTW I would look at the Cap 1 pre-qualify every 2 weeks and it does affect your credit. I spoke with a customer service rep from Cap1 and she told me that they still Unsecured and Graduate their secure cards and said that she did it for a customer earlier that day. So it takes 11 months to start that review . 

I'm gardening until August .  Let's do this ....

Starting Scores:

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all the approvals. You've done well in a short amount of time! Now just time to play the waiting game and watch the numbers increase.

Message 8 of 11
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and good luck with the rebuild!

Message 9 of 11
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congrats on getting your foot in the door with Citi!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.