Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just Discovered IT

tag
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

I just Discovered IT

Well, I recently jumped out of the Garden a bit early as I was impatient in my rebuild.  I wanted to try for a rewards card.  Last night I was kind of surprised to get the Chase Freedom even though some here said it wasn't too much of a long shot.  Anyway, I app'ed for the BOA123 moments before that and received the 30 day message, which I checked this morning and was declined.  I figured that I was happy to have the Freedom and would head back to the Garden until next year when a CO fell off.  Then I woke up this morning and figured, hey, I already added two INQs maybe I will try one more before I hit the garden.  I saw a few posts with people recently getting the Freedom and Discover IT together.  I gave it a shot and got the instant approval, albeit another low CL (1k).  BUT, I am happy just to be in that door for now.  I will now offically hit the long term Garden with my new Discover IT (1k), Chase Freedom (2k), Cap1 Platinum (1k), and Walmart Store Card (1k).  I shall leave the garden next year and try to grab some more coveted seeds.

P.S. - I was worried even more about the IT because I read that they pull EQ, which is my lowest score.  Scores below are still current until next reporting cycle.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: I just Discovered IT

Don't give up on BofA- have you tried to recon?

Congrats on your spree and welcome to Chase AND Discover!
Message 2 of 15
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Don't give up on BofA- have you tried to recon?

Congrats on your spree and welcome to Chase AND Discover!

Yeah I am pretty sure I am not even gonna bother with BOA.  I am happy with what I have now.  Plus, I would have thought, by researcing, that they should have been easier than the last two cards I got.  However, I have an old CO from Lasalle bank and BOA purchased Lasalle, so maybe they have me internally on a black list.

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 3 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

BOA is hard to get, even on recon.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

Well, I recently jumped out of the Garden a bit early as I was impatient in my rebuild.  I wanted to try for a rewards card.  Last night I was kind of surprised to get the Chase Freedom even though some here said it wasn't too much of a long shot.  Anyway, I app'ed for the BOA123 moments before that and received the 30 day message, which I checked this morning and was declined.  I figured that I was happy to have the Freedom and would head back to the Garden until next year when a CO fell off.  Then I woke up this morning and figured, hey, I already added two INQs maybe I will try one more before I hit the garden.  I saw a few posts with people recently getting the Freedom and Discover IT together.  I gave it a shot and got the instant approval, albeit another low CL (1k).  BUT, I am happy just to be in that door for now.  I will now offically hit the long term Garden with my new Discover IT (1k), Chase Freedom (2k), Cap1 Platinum (1k), and Walmart Store Card (1k).  I shall leave the garden next year and try to grab some more coveted seeds.

P.S. - I was worried even more about the IT because I read that they pull EQ, which is my lowest score.  Scores below are still current until next reporting cycle.

Congrats on your approval!!! Sorry to hear about BofA but 2 out of 3 is not bad! I suggest you should try a recon with BofA, the worst they can say is no since you took the HP already. I am afraid to apply for Chase, i probably will try again come August cuz it will be one year since i applied with them and got denied.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 5 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 15
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

Congrats on your new cards! 

I just received my new Discover It yesterday.  Glad that 5x points categories don't overlap with Freedom - wil split the difference between the two.

Message 7 of 15
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

I just received my new Discover It yesterday.  Glad that 5x points categories don't overlap with Freedom - wil split the difference between the two.

Funny you should mention that.  I was just figuring out the details on the rewards for both and noticed that exact thing.  This is why I have been coveting a rewards card, or two. 

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 8 of 15
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

Funny you should mention that.  I was just figuring out the details on the rewards for both and noticed that exact thing.  This is why I have been coveting a rewards card, or two. 

That was the first thing I checked when I got my It approval.  So pleased to be able to earn 5x points across the two cards.  Should make for a decent vacation next yearSmiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 15
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

IT arrived today.  Nice looking card.  Discover "Equifax" was 685, which is a lot higher than the 654 myfico EQ I pulled.  Whatever the version is, it helped me.

Now, just waiting for the Freedom which I App'ed for the day before the IT

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.