cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just got a Chase Sapphire Preferred preapproval in the mail. How solid are they?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a Chase Sapphire Preferred preapproval in the mail. How solid are they?

I recently posted yesterday asking if the Amex PRG is still recommended. Today I checked my mail and I had a preapproval offer from Chase for the Sapphire Preferred. How solid are their preapprovals? Do they they have an minimum income equirement? I also heard they like to see credit limits on your current cards that are over 5k. I currently don't have any over 5k. Is there a chance I get approved? I would really like some input. My EX Fico score is 723 provided by Amex. Thank you guys in advance.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I just got a Chase Sapphire Preferred preapproval in the mail. How solid are they?

What are your limits on existing cards, specifically with Amex? If you haven't requested recently, and things are good otherwise, you can try to get it above $5000 with a soft pull from Amex.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I just got a Chase Sapphire Preferred preapproval in the mail. How solid are they?

@Anonymous wrote:

What are your limits on existing cards, specifically with Amex? If you haven't requested recently, and things are good otherwise, you can try to get it above $5000 with a soft pull from Amex.

My limits are 2,800 with Capital One, 2,050 with Discover, and 3,000 with Amex. I requested an increase with Amex back in June after my 61 days.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO you chances are pretty good, I have not had the CSP but I have had 4 other Chase cards, and they were the first one to give me a $5,000 limit.. heck 3 of the 4 cards I applied for, in the same week mind you, were all for $5,000. So I ended up with $15,000 from them. 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

IMO you chances are pretty good, I have not had the CSP but I have had 4 other Chase cards, and they were the first one to give me a $5,000 limit.. heck 3 of the 4 cards I applied for, in the same week mind you, were all for $5,000. So I ended up with $15,000 from them. 

Thanks for the confidence! Is there a minimum income requirement?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg I applied and just got approved for 6k! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome. Congratulations!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice glad I could help! I reported my total income at the time to be $41,000 it is a little higher now, I have since consolidated all of the cards into one after getting the sign up bonuses. I haven't told Chase my new income yet but I am hoping for an Auto CLI soon, they soft pulled me 3 times in last 60 days! Congrats on your first over $5k card!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice glad I could help! I reported my total income at the time to be $41,000 it is a little higher now, I have since consolidated all of the cards into one after getting the sign up bonuses. I haven't told Chase my new income yet but I am hoping for an Auto CLI soon, they soft pulled me 3 times in last 60 days! Congrats on your first over $5k card!

Thank you so much, tydawg. I really couldn't have done it without your confidence boost.

Message 9 of 12
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on the amazing approval!  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.