Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just knew GE Loves me afterall!!!

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

I just knew GE Loves me afterall!!!

I kept getting shot down for a credit limit increase on my Walmart Card recently i tried automated system and i tried credit solutuons and they still kept saying no, so then i was just going to give up and try again in January, but today i decided to give it one last try.........

I first called regular customer service (in the United States) and talked to a rep, asked to go from $700 to $1,200 and she came back with no, and i asked if she could put it through to underwriting for a manual review and she said we just put it through underwriting and they came back with a denial and i was like "nomally when i call underwriting they place me on hold for a while and pull my credit" she just said i'll get a letter in the mail, so i hung up with her and i called Credit Solutions at 1-877-379-4936 and a very nice lady from India answered and she was easy to understand and i asked for an increase on my walmart card and after i gave her my account number and other info she then saw my request from the call with customer service so she said she would review it and i asked for a a manual review and a fresh credit pull from today and not from months ago and she said yes.... she placed me on hold and then came back a few minutes later and said "Congradulations your approved for the $1,200 effective immediately! Smiley Very Happy

I find it a bit strange that an American tells me no and doesn't even try, but a rep from india can take the time to manua review and come back with yes almost all the time, does anyon else find this strange?

So GE Loves me after all & I love them!!!!!!!!!!! I'll lay low for the next 4 months now or more cuz i've asked for too much already and don't want to spook them! 

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
linux007969
Established Contributor

Re: I just knew GE Loves me afterall!!!

GE Loves me again!!!!!

I called for an increase on my Amazon Store Card. I first called customer service and an American Guy answered and he looked over my account and saw that i recieved an increase from $500 to $800 in November and asked me if i wanted to go ahead with the request anyway and i said sure, and he of cource came back and said i was denied, so i said thanks for trying and ended the call.

Then I called up Credit Solutions at 1-877-379-4936 like i did before with Walmart. A very nice lady from India answered and i asked to go to $1,200 and like before i asked for a fresh pull and she placed me on hold for a bit and came back and said Congraduations your limit is $1,200 effective immediately.

So calling in customer service and getting denied and then calling Credit Solutuons a few minutes later seems to work at least 2 times in a row for me.

Now that all of my GE Cards are at the same limit, i'm happy. Deffidently gonna wait 4 months or more for next increase cuz they could get spooked!

The only cards that are below $1,000 are CapOne & BOFA but my BOFA will graduate by June 2013 or earlier and they will see my limits on my other cards and that should help them find the ability to give me a decent limit after graduation. My CapOne was recently increased from $500 to $750, and AF removed via EO, I will try for another increase with them in 2 years and by then they should be able to raise me to $1,000 or more, cuz if they don't then they are getting closed and shreaded. LOL!

Long Live GE Capital Retail Bank!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 19
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

awesome x 2

congrats!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 3 of 19
linux007969
Established Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

awesome x 2

congrats!

Thanks! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 19
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

congrats! you should of asked for more

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 5 of 19
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!! If you request them to pull a fresh updated report is it still a soft pull??? I was wondering cuz i got shut down for an increase on my Chevron/Texaco gas card again....had the card for 8 months and still no CLI...i requested it through their automated system and when i received the denial letter i noticed the report was from October 6 even though the later was dated Nov. 29....wonder if i could call underwriting and request a new soft pull?

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 6 of 19
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats thats wonderful news i love GE as well glad you called underwriting.Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 19
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 19
linux007969
Established Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:

congrats! you should of asked for more

I could have, but I think their watching me along with everyone else, so i need to be careful.

Message 9 of 19
linux007969
Established Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

Congrats!!! If you request them to pull a fresh updated report is it still a soft pull??? I was wondering cuz i got shut down for an increase on my Chevron/Texaco gas card again....had the card for 8 months and still no CLI...i requested it through their automated system and when i received the denial letter i noticed the report was from October 6 even though the later was dated Nov. 29....wonder if i could call underwriting and request a new soft pull?

Yes its a soft pull.  Call customer service for your account talk with a person ask for an increase, then if they deny you again say thanks for trying, hang up and call 1-877-379-4936, ask for an increase and ask for a "fresh pull from today and not from a month ago" they will understand.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.