Did you mean: 

I knocked on Amex's door

tag
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

I knocked on Amex's door

...and they let me in!

If my lower back wasn't so jacked up, I'd be doing a happy dance right now! 😂

Up until a couple of weeks ago, my plan was to app for the Freedom Unlimited in order to complete my trinity; however, on the very day that I was set to apply, I decided to change course.  Since I have no intention of ever having more than three credit cards, it was imperative that I choose wisely to fill the third spot; and after some consideration, I had an inkling that becoming a part of the Amex family would probably tickle my fancy a bit more.

Since I like to read, I settled in and got to work. I ended up doing a deep dive into old threads here on myFico, then perused COUNTLESS Amex cardholder reviews, and ultimately decided that I wanted to add the BCE to my roster.  I submitted my info through the prequal link and got a hit for the Cash Magnet; but since the heart wants what the heart wants, I went ahead and applied for the BCE instead.

Based on what I ascertained through my research, I knew that my EX score was where it needed to be; however, I was concerned with how the thinness/newness of my file would be viewed.  My EX stats are as follows:

Fico 8 - 719
# of inquiries - 3
# of open accounts - 3
 Discover it Chrome 0/1250
 Quicksilver 40/500
 DCU ssl 650/1000
 length of history - 10
months

When I started my journey in August of last year, my score was only 542.  I  thought that rebuilding would be a piece of cake, because, with the exception of two medical collections that were outside the SOL and an old Citi account that I was an AU on , I had NOTHING in my files. It hasn't been quite as easy as I thought it would be; and even though I've made a couple of missteps over the past 10 months, I'm pleased with my progress. This approval is definitely the cherry on top, and I'm beyond thrilled to be in with such a prestigious corporation.

*side note*
I didn't mention my limit because I have no idea what it is.  I expected to receive a pop-up of some sort; however, after the screen showing that I had been approved, the only other thing I saw was the option to get my account number and create my online account. Since I'm sleep deprived, I'm wondering if I missed something?
15 REPLIES 15
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: I knocked on Amex's door

@sourpuss29 wrote:
...and they let me in!

If my lower back wasn't so jacked up, I'd be doing a happy dance right now! 😂

Up until a couple of weeks ago, my plan was to app for the Freedom Unlimited in order to complete my trinity; however, on the very day that I was set to apply, I decided to change course.  Since I have no intention of ever having more than three credit cards, it was imperative that I choose wisely to fill the third spot; and after some consideration, I had an inkling that becoming a part of the Amex family would probably tickle my fancy a bit more.

Since I like to read, I settled in and got to work. I ended up doing a deep dive into old threads here on myFico, then perused COUNTLESS Amex cardholder reviews, and ultimately decided that I wanted to add the BCE to my roster.  I submitted my info through the prequal link and got a hit for the Cash Magnet; but since the heart wants what the heart wants, I went ahead and applied for the BCE instead.

Based on what I ascertained through my research, I knew that my EX score was where it needed to be; however, I was concerned with how the thinness/newness of my file would be viewed.  My EX stats are as follows:

Fico 8 - 719
# of inquiries - 3
# of open accounts - 3
 Discover it Chrome 0/1250
 Quicksilver 40/500
 DCU ssl 650/1000
 length of history - 10
months

When I started my journey in August of last year, my score was only 542.  I  thought that rebuilding would be a piece of cake, because, with the exception of two medical collections that were outside the SOL and an old Citi account that I was an AU on , I had NOTHING in my files. It hasn't been quite as easy as I thought it would be; and even though I've made a couple of missteps over the past 10 months, I'm pleased with my progress. This approval is definitely the cherry on top, and I'm beyond thrilled to be in with such a prestigious corporation.

*side note*
I didn't mention my limit because I have no idea what it is.  I expected to receive a pop-up of some sort; however, after the screen showing that I had been approved, the only other thing I saw was the option to get my account number and create my online account. Since I'm sleep deprived, I'm wondering if I missed something?

Congrats!

When you set up your online account, the card and the limit should be there.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sourpuss29  Super Congrats on your Amex approval!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Congrats. When you choose to get your card number, it will tell you the credit limit.

PhotoGrid_1593431561350.jpg

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOOM! CONGRATS on your approval!

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCKIN' ON AMEX's DOOORR................................

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 16
slickwidit
Established Contributor

Congratulations 🎊 🎉 🎈 🍾 

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 7 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your Amex approval Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 9 of 16
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Congrats. When you choose to get your card number, it will tell you the credit limit.

PhotoGrid_1593431561350.jpg

Amex sent me a "welcome" email, so this is exactly what I did.

My limit is $2000; but since I don't carry balances, I didn't concern myself with what the APR is.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.