Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I knocked on Amex's door

Highlighted
New Contributor

I knocked on Amex's door

...and they let me in!

If my lower back wasn't so jacked up, I'd be doing a happy dance right now! 😂

Up until a couple of weeks ago, my plan was to app for the Freedom Unlimited in order to complete my trinity; however, on the very day that I was set to apply, I decided to change course.  Since I have no intention of ever having more than three credit cards, it was imperative that I choose wisely to fill the third spot; and after some consideration, I had an inkling that becoming a part of the Amex family would probably tickle my fancy a bit more.

Since I like to read, I settled in and got to work. I ended up doing a deep dive into old threads here on myFico, then perused COUNTLESS Amex cardholder reviews, and ultimately decided that I wanted to add the BCE to my roster.  I submitted my info through the prequal link and got a hit for the Cash Magnet; but since the heart wants what the heart wants, I went ahead and applied for the BCE instead.

Based on what I ascertained through my research, I knew that my EX score was where it needed to be; however, I was concerned with how the thinness/newness of my file would be viewed.  My EX stats are as follows:

Fico 8 - 719
# of inquiries - 3
# of open accounts - 3
 Discover it Chrome 0/1250
 Quicksilver 40/500
 DCU ssl 650/1000
 length of history - 10
months

When I started my journey in August of last year, my score was only 542.  I  thought that rebuilding would be a piece of cake, because, with the exception of two medical collections that were outside the SOL and an old Citi account that I was an AU on , I had NOTHING in my files. It hasn't been quite as easy as I thought it would be; and even though I've made a couple of missteps over the past 10 months, I'm pleased with my progress. This approval is definitely the cherry on top, and I'm beyond thrilled to be in with such a prestigious corporation.

*side note*
I didn't mention my limit because I have no idea what it is.  I expected to receive a pop-up of some sort; however, after the screen showing that I had been approved, the only other thing I saw was the option to get my account number and create my online account. Since I'm sleep deprived, I'm wondering if I missed something?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: I knocked on Amex's door

@sourpuss29 wrote:
...and they let me in!

If my lower back wasn't so jacked up, I'd be doing a happy dance right now! 😂

Up until a couple of weeks ago, my plan was to app for the Freedom Unlimited in order to complete my trinity; however, on the very day that I was set to apply, I decided to change course.  Since I have no intention of ever having more than three credit cards, it was imperative that I choose wisely to fill the third spot; and after some consideration, I had an inkling that becoming a part of the Amex family would probably tickle my fancy a bit more.

Since I like to read, I settled in and got to work. I ended up doing a deep dive into old threads here on myFico, then perused COUNTLESS Amex cardholder reviews, and ultimately decided that I wanted to add the BCE to my roster.  I submitted my info through the prequal link and got a hit for the Cash Magnet; but since the heart wants what the heart wants, I went ahead and applied for the BCE instead.

Based on what I ascertained through my research, I knew that my EX score was where it needed to be; however, I was concerned with how the thinness/newness of my file would be viewed.  My EX stats are as follows:

Fico 8 - 719
# of inquiries - 3
# of open accounts - 3
 Discover it Chrome 0/1250
 Quicksilver 40/500
 DCU ssl 650/1000
 length of history - 10
months

When I started my journey in August of last year, my score was only 542.  I  thought that rebuilding would be a piece of cake, because, with the exception of two medical collections that were outside the SOL and an old Citi account that I was an AU on , I had NOTHING in my files. It hasn't been quite as easy as I thought it would be; and even though I've made a couple of missteps over the past 10 months, I'm pleased with my progress. This approval is definitely the cherry on top, and I'm beyond thrilled to be in with such a prestigious corporation.

*side note*
I didn't mention my limit because I have no idea what it is.  I expected to receive a pop-up of some sort; however, after the screen showing that I had been approved, the only other thing I saw was the option to get my account number and create my online account. Since I'm sleep deprived, I'm wondering if I missed something?

Congrats!

When you set up your online account, the card and the limit should be there.

Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex Blue Cash ($24K), Amex Simply Cash+ ($4K), Amex Business Cash ($22.5K), Discover ($22.7K), Cap 1 Union Plus MC ($2500), Chase FU Visa Sig ($12K), Chase F Visa Sig ($8.3K), Chase CSP Visa Sig($6.5K), FCB/Elan Rewards Visa Sig($15K), Buckle ($1.3K), BofA AAA Rewards ($84.5K), Paypal credit ($10K), BBVA Clearpoints ($7.5K), Cap 1 Savor ($10K), PenFed PCR ($3500), Bank of the West CB MC ($3K)
Message 2 of 16
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@sourpuss29  Super Congrats on your Amex approval!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 16
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats. When you choose to get your card number, it will tell you the credit limit.

PhotoGrid_1593431561350.jpg

Message 4 of 16
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

BOOM! CONGRATS on your approval!

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCKIN' ON AMEX's DOOORR................................

RECORD HOLDER
& KEEPER OF
THE GOLDEN SWORD!

golden_sword.png

EQ FICO RESILIENCE INDEX
06-29-2020

Dogbert

04-03-2020

Message 5 of 16
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 16
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Congratulations 🎊 🎉 🎈 🍾 

Message 7 of 16
Highlighted

Grats on your Amex approval Smiley Happy

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 8 of 16
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 9 of 16
Highlighted
New Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Congrats. When you choose to get your card number, it will tell you the credit limit.

PhotoGrid_1593431561350.jpg

Amex sent me a "welcome" email, so this is exactly what I did.

My limit is $2000; but since I don't carry balances, I didn't concern myself with what the APR is.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.