cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love Amex!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Established Member

I love Amex!

Recently got approved for the BCE with a SL of $500. A week later I applied for the Everyday card and got approved with a SL of $9,600!

Never been so happy before, and I'm a student who is fairly new to the credit world Smiley Very Happy

11 REPLIES 11
Valued Contributor

Re: I love Amex!

Congrats! 

Message 2 of 12
Frequent Contributor

Wow!  Congratulations.  That is so strange how you could $500 on one and $9,600 on the other.  You just never know what these credit card companies are thinking.

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 3 of 12
Valued Contributor

@jmarte wrote:

Recently got approved for the BCE with a SL of $500. A week later I applied for the Everyday card and got approved with a SL of $9,600!

Never been so happy before, and I'm a student who is fairly new to the credit world Smiley Very Happy

Should have said I love you MyFICO. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 12
Established Contributor

@jmarte wrote:

Hope I can get some love from AMEX too..

Well they did threw me some love last weekend by prequalifying me for the Amex Plat..

________________________________________________________________________________________
Goal: FICO Scores 800+. Started at 588 last yr.
Current FICO 8 Scores as of 05/03/18: TU: 724 - EQ: 735 - EX: 711

Cards: Amex BCE, Amex EDP, Chase Frdm, Jetblue Plus, Discover IT, PenFed Plat Rwrds, Amazon Prime Visa, BofA Asiana, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Delta Plat, PayPal Mstrcrd, Amex Plat, Amex SPG, Chase CSR.
Message 5 of 12
Regular Contributor

@jmarte wrote:

Gratulations!

Message 6 of 12
Established Member

Congrats on getting in with AMEX!

Message 7 of 12
Valued Contributor

That's amazing the diff in SL's. Makes me want to try for a second Card. My first one was $1000 (BCE) but I want EDP too.
FICO 09 TU= 787 (Aug) EQ= 774 (Aug) EX= 801 (Aug) Favorites: Citi DC, AMEX Gold and U.S. Bank Cash+
Message 8 of 12
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats op!. Seen that quite alot DJ where there is a huge difference between 2 different approvals from Amex. Not sure why but i guess all depends on your profileSmiley Happy
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
!
Message 9 of 12
Valued Contributor

Hmmmmm..... maybe I will try for my EDP then. No harm right? Love that with Amex a denial is no hard pull. It's just my EX is my bad score. :/
FICO 09 TU= 787 (Aug) EQ= 774 (Aug) EX= 801 (Aug) Favorites: Citi DC, AMEX Gold and U.S. Bank Cash+
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.