Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love Amex!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love Amex!

Recently got approved for the BCE with a SL of $500. A week later I applied for the Everyday card and got approved with a SL of $9,600!

Never been so happy before, and I'm a student who is fairly new to the credit world Smiley Very Happy

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I love Amex!

Congrats! 

Message 2 of 12
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

Wow!  Congratulations.  That is so strange how you could $500 on one and $9,600 on the other.  You just never know what these credit card companies are thinking.

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 3 of 12
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Recently got approved for the BCE with a SL of $500. A week later I applied for the Everyday card and got approved with a SL of $9,600!

Never been so happy before, and I'm a student who is fairly new to the credit world Smiley Very Happy

Should have said I love you MyFICO. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hope I can get some love from AMEX too..

Well they did threw me some love last weekend by prequalifying me for the Amex Plat..

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Gratulations!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting in with AMEX!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's amazing the diff in SL's. Makes me want to try for a second Card. My first one was $1000 (BCE) but I want EDP too.
Message 8 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats op!. Seen that quite alot DJ where there is a huge difference between 2 different approvals from Amex. Not sure why but i guess all depends on your profileSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmmm..... maybe I will try for my EDP then. No harm right? Love that with Amex a denial is no hard pull. It's just my EX is my bad score. :/
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.