Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love Bank Of America

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: I love Bank Of America

@Credit_hawk wrote:

ETX and Bronze Trader are investigating. They're like the myFICO FBI! Smiley Happy

No. OP sounds like an obsessed 19 year old with $35,000 income and plays the CL game with BA CC rep lady.  He doesn't sound like a 40+ old man with multiple millions at disposal. Or he would not be posting here about his CL. 

Message 31 of 41
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:

ETX and Bronze Trader are investigating. They're like the myFICO FBI! Smiley Happy

No. OP sounds like an obsessed 19 year old with $35,000 income and plays the CL game with BA CC rep lady.  He doesn't sound like a 40+ old man with multiple millions at disposal. Or he would not be posting here about his CL. 

What you've touched on is what I've felt in a broader sense with this forum. We either have a remarkable concentration of one percenters here or some are telling fibs. What you say does have a point, regarding real millionaires don't sit on forums all day. However, I'd also say people who make a certain amount a year aren't superhuman or even special, most are just lucky or hit the birth lottery and they do the same stuff as the peasants. They don't even necessarily work harder than some shmo making minimum wage though they'd like you to think they do.

So, the mystery goes on. We'll never really know who is fudging of inflating and who is being honest. I figure as long as everybody contributes solid credit information for the greater good to aid all of our main goals- credit literacy, which is why we're here in the first place, then it's irrelevant. That doesn't stop us from being skeptical though when something doesn't smell right lol.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 32 of 41
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

The story just doesn't connect. If you have that kind of income, why the bank gave you $500 or $5,000 starting CL? I know each time I applied CCs with BA and with $100,000 income, BA gave me $21,000 CL automatically. 

Also, it seems this was your only CC and you had to pay back a couple times a month. Why? Many of us here hold 10 or 20 credit cards. 

And last, with that kind of income, you can get CCs with open CL. No need to get HPs every couple of months. You can rest and spend your CC, instead of beating the little BA rep so hard. 

Just puzzling. But enjoy.

Another thread he stated an income of $35K when applying for a different card 3 years ago, the same time he applied for this BOA card. He was also a full time student at the time, working full time.  If he went from $35K to $690K in 3 years, well played. 

Here is the posting:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/OMG-I-AM-SO-HAPPY/m-p/1958539

OMG I AM SO HAPPY

I am 20 years old I do work and I am a full time student and I have full time work... Well my brother put me in his credit card (Barclay) of 5000 dollars like authorize user so now I have 7 years and 11 month of credit. And my dad add me to his credit card of Macy's like authorized user as well with a credit limit of 2800 dollars that he opened 2 years ago. Well today I was shopping in Macy's and when I was paying the lady ask me if I wanted to open a card under my named so I said yes!!! Then after 20 second it came back  approve and I was shock. I put that I make 35 thousand dollars yearly. Then I call to ask for my credit limit and the agent told me that it was 1700 dollars for the charge account and 4500 for the amex. I am so happy that they gave me the the amex version!!Smiley Tongue  they did pull experian and I have no inq. And my score in privacyguard say the it is at 790. So this is my first account under my named

It was very clear she just put down $35k as her income and that was not really her income (20 year old, full time student/working). She was an UA under her father's $2k Macy card, and an UA under her brother's $5k Barclay card. She likes to (Mod Cut) the BA credit card lady to get higher CLs. And her parents did not have the multi-millions rental business. Or they would not have a $2k Macy card openned two years prior.

Interesting....

Message 33 of 41
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

The story just doesn't connect. If you have that kind of income, why the bank gave you $500 or $5,000 starting CL? I know each time I applied CCs with BA and with $100,000 income, BA gave me $21,000 CL automatically. 

Also, it seems this was your only CC and you had to pay back a couple times a month. Why? Many of us here hold 10 or 20 credit cards. 

And last, with that kind of income, you can get CCs with open CL. No need to get HPs every couple of months. You can rest and spend your CC, instead of beating the little BA rep so hard. 

Just puzzling. But enjoy.

Another thread he stated an income of $35K when applying for a different card 3 years ago, the same time he applied for this BOA card. He was also a full time student at the time, working full time.  If he went from $35K to $690K in 3 years, well played. 

Here is the posting:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/OMG-I-AM-SO-HAPPY/m-p/1958539

OMG I AM SO HAPPY

I am 20 years old I do work and I am a full time student and I have full time work... Well my brother put me in his credit card (Barclay) of 5000 dollars like authorize user so now I have 7 years and 11 month of credit. And my dad add me to his credit card of Macy's like authorized user as well with a credit limit of 2800 dollars that he opened 2 years ago. Well today I was shopping in Macy's and when I was paying the lady ask me if I wanted to open a card under my named so I said yes!!! Then after 20 second it came back  approve and I was shock. I put that I make 35 thousand dollars yearly. Then I call to ask for my credit limit and the agent told me that it was 1700 dollars for the charge account and 4500 for the amex. I am so happy that they gave me the the amex version!!Smiley Tongue  they did pull experian and I have no inq. And my score in privacyguard say the it is at 790. So this is my first account under my named

It was very clear she just put down $35k as her income and that was not really her income (20 year old, full time student/working). She was an UA under her father's $2k Macy card, and an UA under her brother's $5k Barclay card. She likes to (Mod Cut) the BA credit card lady to get higher CLs. And her parents did not have the multi-millions rental business. Or they would not have a $2k Macy card openned two years prior.

Interesting....

you're ruining her American dream... Smiley Wink

Message 34 of 41
Scupra
Super Contributor

What to do when you think a poster is full of it...

Please remember to stay on topic and be respectful

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 35 of 41
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I want to remind everyone that all posts must be made in an FSR manner and be appropriate to the topic at hand, to those of you who are doing so I thank you.

Message 36 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

I want to remind everyone that all posts must be made in an FSR manner and be appropriate to the topic at hand, to those of you who are doing so I thank you.

Because of the tight knit community here, it's important that there is trust and a safe place for people to give and take, truthfully. I think it's important for the community at large to police those that might be fibbing.. there's just no place for it here.. 

Message 37 of 41
awp317
Frequent Contributor

@Credit_hawk wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:

What you've touched on is what I've felt in a broader sense with this forum. We either have a remarkable concentration of one percenters here or some are telling fibs. What you say does have a point, regarding real millionaires don't sit on forums all day. However, I'd also say people who make a certain amount a year aren't superhuman or even special, most are just lucky or hit the birth lottery and they do the same stuff as the peasants. They don't even necessarily work harder than some shmo making minimum wage though they'd like you to think they do.

So, the mystery goes on. We'll never really know who is fudging of inflating and who is being honest. I figure as long as everybody contributes solid credit information for the greater good to aid all of our main goals- credit literacy, which is why we're here in the first place, then it's irrelevant. That doesn't stop us from being skeptical though when something doesn't smell right lol.

I guess I would fall under this. I look and say credit doesnt discriminate, its there for all to use no matter your tax bracket. Its nice to see how the credit game works from the entire spectrum of credit users IMO. I dont need to "brag" But a lot of quiestions I ask, to get the most accurate response, require info thats usualy a "private" matter. Also regardless of wealth a lot of situations/questions/problems are the same. Personally I dont see the point in sharing misinformation on a forum trying to help me, as then I dont get an accurate answer that could most help me. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 38 of 41
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

It is just fun to read some of the stories and share some experience. I see there are a lot of young people just started and struggle to get a CC with $1,000 credit line. I have more respects to those folks who can certainly use some help here. This is what this community is for. Just take whatever you see helpful and ignore the stuff you do not care for.

Cheers! What is the next hottest card to get? :-)

Message 39 of 41
awp317
Frequent Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

It is just fun to read some of the stories and share some experience. I see there are a lot of young people just started and struggle to get a CC with $1,000 credit line. I have more respects to those folks who can certainly use some help here. This is what this community is for. Just take whatever you see helpful and ignore the stuff you do not care for.

Cheers! What is the next hottest card to get? :-)

I read a rumor somwhere of a CSR like card being added to the Ink line up. Thats def on my list if/when it comes out. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.