cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Officially Back From the Credit Desert!!!

tag
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

I'm Officially Back From the Credit Desert!!!

I just closed on my house on the 27th and, as a congratulatory gift to myself (as if the house wasn't enough), I decided to app for 3 cards I've wanted for a while now.  At first I couldn't apply because of my credit, then because of the pending mortage application.

American Express Platinum - After getting back in Amex's good graces a little over eight months ago, I already had the Everyday card which had just recently bumped my limit up to $27,000 (I have another post about how it got that high after starting out at $1,000).  I've always wanted the platinum card and had gotten a solicitation from them to apply for it.  I called them and got approved right away!

Citi Diamond Preferred - I decided to app for this card online afer going to their preselector site and got approved for $9,000.  I was hoping for a little more, but I'll take it as a starting limit.  I could have pressed my luck by calling the recon, but I was happy with that.  I have a Macy's Amex that is owned by Citi and they have been pretty generous with my increases there, so I don't think I will have a hard time growing this limit.

Chase Freedom - They (along with Citi) had turned me down previously, so I was really happy to get this one in my stable.  They also gave me a $9,000 credit limit.

Between closing on my house and snagging these cards, I haven't stopped smiling for 2 days. #Winning

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm Officially Back From the Credit Desert!!!

Congrats on your new home and approvals! 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice play Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! You are on a roll! Big congratulations!

Message 5 of 9
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your recent successes! Way to come back with a vengence Smiley Very Happy

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome dragonfly! You did well

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's fantastic, congratulations! Dv
Message 8 of 9
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new house and the amazing approvals! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.