Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a Very Bad Gardener!!! -- 2 New CC Approvals

tag
Cjaysmom
Regular Contributor

I'm a Very Bad Gardener!!! -- 2 New CC Approvals

So, if you followed my dilemma with Credit One, you know that they wanted me to go into debt in order to receive a $250 CLI. Instead of owing $270 for a CLI, I closed my Credit One account.  To replace the $950 CL of Credit One, I went onto Discover, was pre-qualified and decided to apply. I was approved for $12,000 for their cash back card at 5% cash back!! Yay me.

Then I started thinking, I should apply for one more card to offset the lower fico score hit I'm going to get. I remembered I had gotten a Citi AAdvantage MileUp offer in the mail. So, I decided to pull the trigger. I was approved for $9200. 

Now, I'm going to be gardening for the next 2 years.  Just a little background info: I'm rising from the ashes of a marriage and divorce that ruined my credit. Slowly, but surely, I'm getting a handle on my finances. If there is something I am considering to buy, I really think about whether I can pay off the charge before I buy it. I finally realized that having a credit card is NOT free money.

Credit Scores:

As of 11/18/18

EX -- FICO 8 Score: 718

TU -- FICO 8 Score: 717

EQ -- FICO 8 Score: 714

Scores January 2018

EX -- FIC0 8 Score: 656

TU -- FAK0   Score: 674

EQ -- FAKO   Score: 614

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm a Very Bad Gardener!!! -- 2 New CC Approvals

You are on a roll! Another great SL - huge congrats! Goodluck staying in the garden.😊
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 17
Cjaysmom
Regular Contributor

@thornback wrote:
You are on a roll! Another great SL - huge congrats! Goodluck staying in the garden.😊

No, in the garden I must stay. My plans are to age my accounts and prepare to buy a home in about 3 years.  I'm trying to build credit, while I keep the amount of my utilization down.  Right now, my credit card utilization is %1.  In a year, I will have paid off my car.  And I have student loans which I owe about $13, 400. I should have it paid off in 4 years. 

Message 3 of 17
thornback
Senior Contributor

Solid plan. I'm in the same boat right now- except for buying a home. Did a mini, 3-card spree late October after a full year of gardening. Now I'm back in the garden for another year+ as I put as large of a dent possible in my student loan debt.

Best of luck to you and again, congrats on your success.
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay you....Smiley Happy...congrats on your 2 awesome approvals and NICE SL.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats w both cc’s and sl woohoo!!!

Message 6 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Holy cow, from Credit One to Disco and Citi with huge sl, they should trademark you for those who want a Credit One lol. Thats insane but good for youSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderful progress, and good call on pulling the trigger on that Citi!!! I thought I was having a good week pulling down $15.5k. You've exceeded that, and moving on from ScammerOne...I mean Credit One....! Excellent work!! 👌🏾

The Disco approval definitely got the juices flowing. While I do suggest grabbing an AMEX and letting them age together, if you don't already have one, just keep Inq and AAoA in mind, and try to stay in the garden!!! It is far easier said then done. 😬
Message 8 of 17
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your massive approvals and amazing job on the journey!!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

While big congrats are in order on your huge approvals for two no-joke cards, an even bigger high-five is due for putting a bullet in your Credit One account. That’s a triple win - way to go!
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.