Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I said no but I did it, feel sad but happy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I said no but I did it, feel sad but happy

Hi guys,

After a talk with the DW we decided to take a trip to Hawaii, also decided to stay in one of the Hilton properties there (I have 7 days worth of point with them) anyways we were looking for direct flight and of course the cheapest one, the best thing we found was Hawaiian Airline, a quick search showed Barclay as the bank behind it, went online and didn’t like the 35K points so didn’t apply (yet), went to Hawaiian airline web site and found the tickets we want, added our info and anwered all the questions and then the payment part lol, as soon as I clicked visa card as a method of payment bum, the Hawaiian credit card with 50K bonus point offer showed up, at this point I changed my mind and went for it, got the we need time and we contact you in 7 days or something like that, I told my DW, I call then tomorrow and see what happens, well called today and the Senior analyst put me on hold, came back and told me, I need to transfer you to security team, umm ok, got this lady that asked a bunch of questions and then she asked, do you have any fraud alert on your CB? I told her yes and explained why, she then said, I am going to put you on hold again, after few seconds she came back and said what everyone wants to hear after a recon call, “you are approved for 10K”.

The true is that I was totally against another cc application, but I did the math and I can’t go wrong with $885 round trip for a family of 3 to Hawaii after redeem the 50K and take the 50% off companion discount and a bag free, buying the tickets without this promotion would have cost me  $1917.

So for me it was no brainer.

Here some data points;

Been with Barclay for 8 months (Arrival+) with perfect history

TU: 753

8 HP this year (TU)

Aggr Util: 2%

3.JPG

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I said no but I did it, feel sad but happy

Ho'omaika'i 'ana!

Very nicely done, elegua! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting you went with the bank of hawaii version vs. the other one..  Barclay's back both versions?  Edit: just googled and appears their are two versions one with bank of hawaii logo and one missing it and look exactly the same... Hmm

Last year I got the normal barclay's version and got the 50k promo as well that I plan on using this coming year.  Need to sooner than later as have 18 months to use as I no longer have the card as only got it for the 50k bonusSmiley Happy. Once met I cancelled a few months later as kinda pointless to me personally.

Congrats regardless on your approval!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Interesting you went with the bank of hawaii version vs. the other one..  Barclay's back both versions?  Edit: just googled and appears their are two versions one with bank of hawaii logo and one missing it and look exactly the same... Hmm

Last year I got the normal barclay's version and got the 50k promo as well that I plan on using this coming year.  Need to sooner than later as have 18 months to use as I no longer have the card as only got it for the 50k bonusSmiley Happy. Once met I cancelled a few months later as kinda pointless to me personally.

Congrats regardless on your approval!

I know what you are saying, really hard to justify $89 annual fee if you don't fly to Hawaii and the benefits are just for the first year, after that you only have $100 off for your conpanion ticket, i just saw the oportunity and i took it.

Well did'nt notice about the Bank of Hawaii logo, i have never seen one of this cards but yes, i called barclay this morning and doing a little search found this:

The Hawaiian Airlines Bank of Hawaii World Elite MasterCard (also known Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard) and the Hawaiian Airlines Bank of Hawaii Business MasterCard (also known Hawaiian Airlines Business MasterCard) are issued by Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclaycard).

Thank you guys.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.