cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I take back all the bad things I said about disco...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I take back all the bad things I said about disco...

I think it was April last year when I was approved for discover it with a low 600 score, SL of 1800.

3 months later, auto cli to 2000. Another couple cli's of 100 a piece to end up at 2300. That has been my SL for about a year, despite hitting the luv button every couple weeks with nothing but rejections.

Mind you, I PIF every month, I've never paid a penny in interest.

Well, last week I log in to get my monthly denial, and instead I got taken to a screen I had never seen before. I was given a 3000 cli, taking me from 2300 to 5300. I was a bit shocked...I never expected to more than double my SL.

Long story short, handle your business, and be patient. It will come eventually...although some of us take longer than others.

Additional data points: I started my rebuild at 585 I think, this was in dec of 17. Got a qs1 at 300, 3 month cli to 400. April I got the disco. This past march i got delta amex gold, both personal and business.

This month my TU FICO is 678, Ex FICO is 658.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: I take back all the bad things I said about disco...

Congrats on the huge CLI! Disco is great

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 13
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Nice!!! Congrats on a very nice increase! I’m waiting for that day myself...

Message 3 of 13
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Disco CLI and good job on the rebuild!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on a killer CLI!!
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's pretty impressive. 

My 3rd statement cut a few days ago and I tried for CLI, but it was a no go. Oh well...

Message 6 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I think it was April last year when I was approved for discover it with a low 600 score, SL of 1800.

3 months later, auto cli to 2000. Another couple cli's of 100 a piece to end up at 2300. That has been my SL for about a year, despite hitting the luv button every couple weeks with nothing but rejections.

Mind you, I PIF every month, I've never paid a penny in interest.

Well, last week I log in to get my monthly denial, and instead I got taken to a screen I had never seen before. I was given a 3000 cli, taking me from 2300 to 5300. I was a bit shocked...I never expected to more than double my SL.

Long story short, handle your business, and be patient. It will come eventually...although some of us take longer than others.

Additional data points: I started my rebuild at 585 I think, this was in dec of 17. Got a qs1 at 300, 3 month cli to 400. April I got the disco. This past march i got delta amex gold, both personal and business.

This month my TU FICO is 678, Ex FICO is 658.

A huge congratulations to you!!!

But the real question is--did you DD? If no, call and request a DD?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

JustinH85 great CLI! You proved slow but sure through patience can work. Got'ta feel good about your CL now! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I was in such a shock I completely forgot about the double dip, so I didnt call.
Message 9 of 13
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous 

Something I noticed about Disco and Cap1....(don't have any other major bank) but comparing to Synch that is, is that you can ask for more credit/money$ til you turn blue in the face but with Synch (somebody chime in to confirm it's just not me) if you ask too soon, or too many times they take the darned cli button away from you. (like a mean daycare worker)  Gotta luv Disco for putting up with usHeart

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.