Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I apped to soon for Amex Delta

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I apped to soon for Amex Delta

At the beginning of last month, I was approved for Amex PRG.  I chose not to double app because my Experian was only 670 and I wanted a high limit on a revolver. I got excited today because my Experian hit 702 and applied for the Delta,  thinking a new pull would be performed.  

I think a new pull was not performed and Amex used my old 670 or maybe the latest free credit score pull which is 687.  I say this because my utilization is 20% and I only was approved for a $1000 limit!  I should have waited longer but I was anxious because I need to start arranging some upcoming trips.

I called and was told no dice on an increase and to wait 60 days to request an increase.  I asked was a new pull used and the rep says he does not know.  I thought at least he would know what score was used.  So I will have to build off a $1000 limit.  My mistake.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Re: I think I apped to soon for Amex Delta

Don't beat yourself up soloman!

Think on the bright side- you have two AMEX cards and will have the chance for those accounts to grow and have future CLIs!! 

Celebrate those approvals bud!! You still rock!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

wait for your 61 days, and check to see what score Amex provides for you. If you know it's higher, but they haven't updated on their site for you, you might want to wait. They seem to normally go off of their last soft pull they used to update your monthly score

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

wait for your 61 days, and check to see what score Amex provides for you. If you know it's higher, but they haven't updated on their site for you, you might want to wait. They seem to normally go off of their last soft pull they used to update your monthly score

And I knew this!! I saw that 702 and lost control!!  I have never had a 700 score.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kidink1911 wrote:

Don't beat yourself up soloman!

Think on the bright side- you have two AMEX cards and will have the chance for those accounts to grow and have future CLIs!! 

Celebrate those approvals bud!! You still rock!

Yes I need to celebrate that Amex likes me now after burning them a very long time ago.

Message 5 of 10
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

OP: Yes--perhaps if you would have waited a year after your first approval you would have got a higher limit on the Delta. That's what I did after I got my AMEX Green and got a $10K limit on my BCE with a sub 700 EX score. So now that you're at 700 on EX wail a year and if you app for another AMEX revolver you should see a better SL.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 6 of 10
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

OP: Yes--perhaps if you would have waited a year after your first approval you would have got a higher limit on the Delta. That's what I did after I got my AMEX Green and got a $10K limit on my BCE with a sub 700 EX score. So now that you're at 700 on EX wail a year and if you app for another AMEX revolver you should see a better SL.

I think it's just a YMMV situation.  I was approved 2/20 for BCE for $2k. On 3/3 I was approved for Delta Gold for $10k. 2 HPs, score about 3 points apart (assume I lost points from the first HP). 

The GOOD thing OP, is that you should have no trouble getting that card to $3k and then $9k.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lots of people get a $1K limit on this card. Don't worry.. it can and will grow!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!!! I'm sure it will grow for you!  

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

A SL above 1k on Delta is a rare bird, unless applicant is in really good shape. No worries, congrats!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.