Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I just got approved for the wrong card

tag
Poppa
Established Contributor

I think I just got approved for the wrong card

I just bought a house and after over a year in the garden DW and I finally busted out. She got the US Bank Cash+ and Discover NHL cards. I got a new Discover it. Closed one a year ago for not growing. A Lowe's card and the Ducks Unlimited card for 5% cashback on gas and sporting goods stores. There were 2 different cards though and I didn't realize it. One is the 5% rewards card and the other is just a 0% for 12 months card. I called first bank and they said they think I will have to reapply for the one I want. I have to call tomorrow though to find out for sure because it's too early to be in the system or something. Think there is a chance they will just switch it over to the card I wanted? 

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I think I just got approved for the wrong card

Yup! I've had it happen congrats. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 7
Poppa
Established Contributor

You had them switch it to the other card?

Message 3 of 7
Poppa
Established Contributor

I called today and they confirmed I got the rewards card with the 5% gas! That completes our 5% card collection, untill the next thing comes along. Our app spree went well. Limits not quite what we expected but not terrible. Here are the cards with the SL's:

Discover it $5,000

Lowe's $1,236

Ducks Unlimited  $4,500

US Bank Cash+ $5,000

Discover NHL $5,500

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Poppa ... great gardening Smiley Happy You earned your way to the card herd you wanted!!! Enjoy your new life.
Message 5 of 7
Poppa
Established Contributor

Thanks! So much to do now! 

Message 6 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Everbody lets call hum BUG POPPASmiley Happy Enjoy your new home, your scores are scorediculous and if you can please post your Discover data points on your closed and new one in apps. I started a thread for all of us 2 cards Discover cards holders or wanna be's. Thanks Poppa , congrats to DW tooSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.