Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've laid low for the year, just went on a spree

tag
nccarguy1
New Contributor

I've laid low for the year, just went on a spree

Earlier in the year I decided to take a break.  I took a new job in the same field and needed to let inquiries drop.  When I read about the SP from BB&T I thought I would apply.  That led into this over the last 80 days:

BB&T Cash Rewards  $6500 from SP

PNC Premier Traveller (I have no relationship with them)  $15,000 @ 16.XX  Required I call for fraud verification 2 days

BB&T Bright (What the heck)  $6500 from SP

Avianca Vuela Lifemiles (good for booking to Asia)  $17,100 @ 17.24?  Really strange outdated website

Regions Bank Visa (no relationship) from prequalify page (really long and drawn out app) $10,000 don't remember APR

This week Pen Fed Rewards Platinum Visa Signature $15,000 @ 16.XX  I had a saving account 8 years ago but could not get a credit card approval so closed the account.  I reopened savings and applied for Visa as well.  Went to review and had to esign docs an hour later and got approval but setting up account was a nightmare.  Would not recognize a new user ID but would only send verification text on old account to old mobile number.  Took a supervisor and fraud department to figure out.  Everyone was nice, but a big hassle.

BB&T Travel Rewards 6500 (Now I swear I am done with them)

2% Pay Pal MC hit luv button and went from 7500 - 10,000  SP

Lowes hit luv button and went from 17,000 - 25,000  SP

Cathay Pacific hit luv button went from 9300 to 12,500  SP

Got an auto CLI on Fidelity went from 10,000 to 12,000 so decided to hit up US Bank

US Bank Altitude hit luv button went from 17,500 - 21,500  SP

Next day USB Signature (was a NW Airlines originally) went to reivew next day 10,000 to 15,000 but was HP (should have stopped)

@$100,00 over last 80 days.  Time to stop.  Now have 8 EQ, 7 EX and 5 TU pulls.  EQ now 683 (what Pen Fed pulled), 723 EX and 729 TU.  I will hold off for another year.  PenFed was my last cold app and was suprised with results with 7 inq and lower score.  I knew nothing about PNC and of course Avianca (Banco Popular in Puerto Rico) was a complete crap shoot.  I bank with US bank and have 4 cards with them and they are my daily bank so can tell you they are 100% relationship driven.  Got the Altitude card the first week available and had 16 inquiries was instantly approved.  Sorry for long post, making up for 6-7 months.  Happy Holidays

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: I've laid low for the year, just went on a spree

Wow, great job on all your success. Looks like the year paid offSmiley Happy. Thanks for sharing, Hsppy Holidays too🎄
Message 2 of 23
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

@nccarguy1 wrote:

@$100,00 over last 80 days. ... Sorry for long post, making up for 6-7 months.

Yes, I'd say you did. Well done and congratulations!

Message 3 of 23
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats & Happy Holidays!

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Another good PenFed approval.  I'm telling ya, they are opening back up, especially to folks who have been denied in the past.

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that's a spree! Congrats!!
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome job! Congratulations!
Message 7 of 23
flexin222
Regular Contributor

Whoa, that's busy! Congrats...Man LOL

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals and your CLI!!  Happy holidays.

Message 9 of 23
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals and CLIs!
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.