cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to cry. Disco Secured Approved Finally.

tag
returnofthemack
New Contributor

I want to cry. Disco Secured Approved Finally.

Well, I have racked up a good amount of inquiries on my experian report. So I froze the report. Decided I am not apping for anything experian. I was previously denied with a 717 fico for a secured card with discover about 2 weeks ago. They did pull experian. But about 30 mins ago this did not register in my mind at all. I app'd for the secured card and it said I needed to call so I thought crap my experian is frozen. So jumped on live chat and the rep said can you unfreeze experian or can I just pull one of your other files? lol.. This was like a freaken godsend from the credit gods because I did not even know this was possible so I asked her to pull transunion my best report lol then she says ahh equifax wants to show us love first I said okay why not and she came back with a secured approval! My fico on EQ is 585 because of a few identity theft accounts still on my reports but WOW. I am IN! I AM APART OF THE DISCOVER FAMILY! I am so greatful! Its 2am and I snuck down to the office and shouldn't have been applying for this anyways. I dropped 2k as SL and I will PIF before every statement. I want to cry. Now I am going to the garden until my Bofa secured graduates and disco graduates. Over and out!

Update: R.I.P. credit one tomorrow lol
Fell on rough times
Starting: EQ: 519 TQ: 569 EX: 558 5/2022

Capital One Platinum Secured - 1k - Captial One QuickSilver Secured $200 - ONCU Secured $500

In garden til 2024.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
CivalV
Established Contributor

Re: I want to cry. Disco Secured Approved Finally.

Return of the mack 🎉
Message 2 of 21
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

😭 is good. You were lucky indeed. Congratulations!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 21
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Congratulations, and good luck on the rebuild.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 4 of 21
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and good luck getting your credit rebuilt. May be a long journey but I'm sure you'll get there.

Message 5 of 21
returnofthemack
New Contributor

Thank you all! I use to think having many cards in short periods was a milestone. Not these days slow and steady win the race! Especially from here on out!! Any best recommendations how I can ensure this card graduates on time?

Fell on rough times

Capital One Platinum Secured - 1k - Captial One QuickSilver Secured $200 - ONCU Secured $500

In garden til 2024.

Message 6 of 21
Noneed2nv
Regular Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the Disco family. 

Related image

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!

Message 8 of 21
difringe
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the approval! You deserve nothing but good things solely off your username lol!

Message 9 of 21
returnofthemack
New Contributor

I thank you all! This is where I go hide in the garden. I am thinking until 2021 because to be honest I don't think I NEED any new accounts nor NEW credit especially with Navy Secured, Bofa Secured and Discover Secured. 

Fell on rough times

In garden til 2024.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.