cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I went on an app spree and was triple approved! Hilton Amex, Discover IT, Chase Freedom Unlimited

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went on an app spree and was triple approved! Hilton Amex, Discover IT, Chase Freedom Unlimited

I am trying to rebuild and expand my credit portfolio and honestly didn't think I would be approved for anything. I checked my FICO and had EXP 728, EQIF 658, TU 637. I decided to roll the dice and see how I did with Chase Freedom Unlimited and instant approval $1500. Applied for the Discover IT and instant approval $6500. I really wanted to get in the Amex family and did the pre-qualify tool and it came back with no offers. I researched and saw Amex mostly pulls EXP which was my best score. I considered applying for the blue or gold but ultimately decided Hilton was best for me since I enjoy attending numerous conventions throughout the year and staying in Hilton. I rolled the dice again and was approved for the Hilton Honors Amex with a $10K limit with 80K Honors points reward. I'm stopping there and am going to treat these very carefully and nurse them over the next year. It feels good to be rebuilding my credit and handling it more maturely than I did in my younger years. I just wanted to share my excited news! 

11 REPLIES 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: I went on an app spree and was triple approved! Hilton Amex, Discover IT, Chase Freedom Unlimite

Congrats,

Congrats,

and

Congrats Smiley Wink

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 12
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: I went on an app spree and was triple approved! Hilton Amex, Discover IT, Chase Freedom Unlimite

Wow you got some amazing approvals Op congrats
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't funny how, just 'playing around' sometimes produces CRAZY good results...

The OP thinks oh well I will try...Bam $1500
Who knows...Bam $6500
Roll the dice, what the hay? $10000
= Are you kidding???🙌

From Not knowing IF you can get approved
to 18k in revolving accounts 👏
Message 4 of 12
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Fantastic 3 app spree!! 

Congrats! All three of those are excellent cards!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

All are excellent cards! Congrats!

Message 6 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great jobSmiley Happy. Excellent cards and the best part is your Amex can grow to 30k in one fell swoop, sp, and, Discover ,with an amazing sl, seems to have you bracketed to be able to get over 20k in no time, sp luving as wellSmiley Happy. Thats what id called a Wonks SpreeSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wonka SpreeSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on a successful spree. Those are three good cards to pick up

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

All great cards at the same time! Off to the garden you go!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.