cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I went on an app spree with 3 approvals in the last week.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went on an app spree with 3 approvals in the last week.

Back in the beginning of March, I received an offer for the Delta Gold Amex.  Before that, I considered myself an untouchable to the credit card industry.  Although my baddies (3) have all been paid and all of them are at least a few years old, I didn’t think the credit companies wanted anything to do with me.  Besides the occasional Credit One card, I hadn't received any offers in many years, except for a Kohls card opened Feb 2017. But apparently, my dry spell has ended.  I was approved for $1k on the Delta Amex with a 588 Experian Fico 8, and then a couple of days later was offered an Ollo Rewards card with no Annual Fee and a $300 limit.  

Fast forward to last weekend. On a whim I applied for the USAA Rewards Amex and was approved for $2k SL with a 607 Experian.  A day or two later the Delta Amex finally reported and my Experian jumped to 622. Feeling confident, I applied for and was approved for the NFCU CashRewards ($1k CL) on Friday.  Later that day, I logged in to check my BoA Checking account and received an offer for three of their cards.  I chose the Travel Rewards and was approved for $3500!  That’s my largest SL since starting rebuilding.  

I’ve gotten the impression that Chase and CapOne want nothing to do with me.  I burned them both a few years back.  I since have squared things up with them but they are a pipe dream for me right now.  I also really want a Discover but they only recommend Secured to me right now. I think I need to cool it on the applications for now and maybe try again in a year or so. 5 new cards in two months is probably enough for now.  I think I just need to let them grow.

EIther way, I’m excited about these new cards and want to thank the forum.  I’ve been reading for awhile now and was inspired by other peoples experiences with USAA, NFCU, and more.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I went on an app spree with 3 approvals in the last week.

Congrats! Sounds like you've moved on. Cooling it sounds good too Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's to continued success on your rebuild and congrats on the approvals.

@Anonymous wrote:

Back in the beginning of March, i received an offer for the Delta Gold Amex.  Before that, I considered myself an untouchable to the credit card industry.  Although my baddies (3) have all been paid and all of them are at least a few years old, I didn’t think the credit companies wanted anything to do with me.  Besides the occasional Credit One card, I hadnt received any offers in many years, except for a Kohls card opened Feb 2017. But apparently, My dry spell has ended.  I was approved for $1k on the Delta Amex with 588 Experian Fico 8.  and then a couple of days later was offered an Ollo Rewards card with no Annual Fee and a $300 limit.  

Fast forward to last weekend. On a whim I applied for the USAA Rewards Amex and was approved for $2k SL with a 607 Experian.  A day or two later the Delta Amex finally reported and my Experian jumped to 622. Feeling confident, I applied for and was approved for the NFCU CashRewards ($1k CL) on Friday.  Later that day, I logged in to check my BoA Checking account and received an offer for three of their cards.  I chose the Travel Rewards and was approved for $3500!  That’s my largest SL since starting rebuilding.  

I’ve gotten the impression that Chase and CapOne want nothing to do with me.  I burned them both a few years back.  I since have squared things up with them but they are a pipe dream for me right now.  I also really want a Discover but they only recommend Secured to me right now. I think I need to cool it on the applications for now and maybe try again in a year or so. 5 new cards in two months is probably enough for now.  I think i just need to let them grow.

EIther way, I’m excited about these new cards and want to thank the forum.  I’ve been reading for awhile now and was inspired by other peoples experiences with USAA, NFCU, and more.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on 3 approvals

Message 5 of 8
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Besides the occasional Credit One card, I hadnt received any offers in many years, except for a Kohls card opened Feb 2017. But apparently, My dry spell has ended.  I was approved for $1k on the Delta Amex with 588 Experian Fico 8.  and then a couple of days later was offered an Ollo Rewards card with no Annual Fee and a $300 limit.

Holy **bleep**. This data point is relevant to my interests. Thanks for the info!

EX 8: Aug 2021 - 692 | EQ 8: Aug 2021 - 714 | TU 8: Aug 2021 - 673
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on a successful spree. That's 3 good pick ups

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.