Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT'S A SPREE: eBAY MC approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IT'S A SPREE: eBAY MC approval

Yep. I lay dormant for seven months, no apps, and yesterday I got approved for an AMEX Blue Cash Preferred. And I got a Navy CashRewards CLI of $3000 (from $2000 to $5000) and so to top it off, I was a fool and apped for an eBay Mastercard. And got this kingly sum of $800!  But I don't care, it wasn't a denial and I have faith that it will grow. (APR is 19.99%, which is the "best" APR they offer on this card, right? So that's good.)

I'm DONE now for 2020. Back to the garden.

Approved-eBay-November-22-2020.jpg

Why eBay? Because I knew I wouldn't get the Navy Flagship (which I was hoping for) and I only wanted to app for a card that pulled TU. And eBay was it. It was totally stupid and gratuitous, but at least it wasn't wasted. I'm happy! Estoy feliz! 

Data points:

TU FICO 8 697

UTIL 3%

Debt to income ratio: Low, probably 5%.

Average of accounts: 4+ years. Oldest account 20+ years.

Income: Low (20ishK)

Inquiries: Two in the last 12 months for TU.

Baddies: Two-year-old 90 day late. Debt paid for less than full amount. No baddies before or since.

12 REPLIES 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: IT'S A SPREE: eBAY MC approval

ftty.gif

Message 2 of 13
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why eBay? Because I knew I wouldn't get the Navy Flagship (which I was hoping for) and I only wanted to app for a card that pulled TU. And eBay was it. It was totally stupid and gratuitous, but at least it wasn't wasted. I'm happy! Estoy feliz! 

I think you'll like this card.  I got mine in August and have found it quite useful. I believe 4 months/stmts. is the magic number for cli requests. (we shall see....goodluck when the time comes)  Also, csr told me that 19.99% was the lowest this card goes.

Enjoy this card and hopefully you'll snag that Navy Flagship in 2021. Congrats on all of your new tls!  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep. I lay dormant for seven months, no apps, and yesterday I got approved for an AMEX Blue Cash Preferred. And I got a Navy CashRewards CLI of $3000 (from $2000 to $5000) and so to top it off, I was a fool and apped for an eBay Mastercard. And got this kingly sum of $800!  But I don't care, it wasn't a denial and I have faith that it will grow. (APR is 19.99%, which is the "best" APR they offer on this card, right? So that's good.)

I'm DONE now for 2020. Back to the garden.

Approved-eBay-November-22-2020.jpg

Data points:

TU FICO 8 697

UTIL 3%

Debt to income ratio: Low, probably 5%.

Average of accounts: 4+ years. Oldest account 20+ years.

Income: Low (20ishK)

Inquiries: Two in the last 12 months for TU.

Baddies: Two-year-old 90 day late. Debt paid for less than full amount. No baddies before or since.

I 💚 spreesSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all your success.

Message 6 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 7 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice, yes it will grow over time, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 9 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Ebay Mastercard approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.