Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im in with PenFed Heaven !!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im in with PenFed Heaven !!

I have been rebuilding and all with the help of myFico! This site has been amazing with its wealth of information. See started divorce in later part of 2009.  Anyway, I thought that I was totally unscathed!  But as you know there is always that one thing and in my case it was not small and I thought the worse so I did not want to address my credit etc.  Rather stick my head in the sand etc.  Had I been paying attention the scrapes I got would not of hurt my score so much.  Coming back from mid to high 500 score on up to where I am today (trust me would be even higher if I did not have a rebuild app spree)

So couple of months ago during app spree I apped for Discover It (the card I desired the most cause it fits me to a T! Saw my Equifax at 695 so went for it .. approved immediately for 3.5K.  Woo Hoo !

Citi AAdvantage – apped based on an invite and did not realize that Citi can be picky.. so me being clueless app’d ! Approved immediately for 4.5K!

I app’d for some other cards .. BoA a bit of a disappointment. I had banked with them for years until they closed there banks and transferred customers to another bank.  I thought no problem.  Nope declined but told approved for the $99/$500 which I did because I don’t want to waste the hardpull.

Went for a Cobrand of Chase Amazon .. that seemed like forever. Got the 30 day then changed to the 7-10 … but that just meant letter in the mail to call in to validate.  I was approved once called in immediately for 2K .. this before the 5/24 came in to play for the cobrands. 

Prior to this end of 2015 I was approved for a Cap Platinum which I just rolled into my Cap QuickSilver1 giving a total line of $1250. I hate the small balances and they were not increases my credit limits until those 5 month marks. 

I have a 2nd most coveted card which is the Amex BCE.  Which I was declined .. for the life of me I did not have too many queries at the time.  My scores were good.  It could be the newness of very thin file at the time.  I was kind of hurt and really wanted to recon.  Maybe I still can don’t know .. it kills me cause this was the 2nd card so interested in… so I may have to garden and wait minimum of 6 months to a year.  IS THERE THAT ! CARD THAT U JUST CANT GET THAT KILLS YOU .. this is it for me.

Now for the one before the Garden.. PenFed. I have been reading on them for months.  Then I saw that data-points thread when it was at 110 pates long.  I read that in one sitting and I really wanted to app for it but was little shy since declined by AMEX and because I only could get $99/$500 from BoA.  So I went for it .. no guts no glory.

Beautiful you can app on the same HP for an entire 3 months unless it is something more involved like a mortgage .. and sometimes I read for a PLOC but most times they use the same pull. I really wanted a Credit Union for all the possibilities that they can offer when in need.  I thought that this could help round out my cards.  They are generous with their limits.  I can recon on the starting limit.  I don’t know if I even want to do that or not… maybe I should call and ask.  But honestly it is more than enough for now.  I may app for a PLOC with them as well. Because it would be on the same hard pull.  Please see my data-points.  So far impressed with their communication etc.  I am in the Garden unless Amex is reading this and wants to send me a pre-approval.  LOL.  In my dreams I have a one.  Giggles.

Product approved and Limit: PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature Application/$7K

EQ Fico Score: Fico 8-----674 Penfed Nextgen Score: not a clue ( I looked everywhere to find) (I'll come back and let you all know when I do) 

Instant or Review?: Review if you want to call it that .. it was literally like 5 minutes and immediately got an email to check my approval. 

AAOA: 3 Years, 6 Months

Derogs?: 1 (mortgage 120+ DAYS PAST DUE - I was a quick-quit-deed - ex husband went late before my name went off mortgage.. so he could qualify for fed-modified loan which they foreclosed on him in the end (I thought initially I went down with him but was out of the house 3 years already. I took the hit to my credit until he got me off the mortgage. cleaned up everything but this I could not apx 4 years old)

Total EQ Inquiries: 4 Last 12 months: 4

Last 6 months: 4 New Accounts

in last 12 months: 8

Last 6 months: 7

28 REPLIES 28
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Im in with PenFed Heaven !!

Awesome!!! Congrats to you! Penfed is fantastic! Smiley Happy Please add data to our data share thread once they get it fixed. It's broken right now. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your journey with us...

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Awesome!!! Congrats to you! Penfed is fantastic! Smiley Happy Please add data to our data share thread once they get it fixed. It's broken right now. Smiley Sad

Baller4Live... I did already... Smiley Wink silly girl.!

To Everyone Else...

But yes to anyone & everyone the PenFed Thread is a must read. 

If you want to set a stage for the future in home buying, car buying etc.  This is the place to read about it in entirety !

Please check out the data points. on the PenFed Thread it is amazing balls of information. 

I may of never pushed the app button if it was not for the thread. 

PS if you thought you could not join this credit union .. you are wrong.  Small donation of $14/$15 and a $5 savings account you are a member.

They do a hp for you to be a member .. but then they use that same equifax score for up to 3 months.  

Check it out... PS they give some nice starting lines and if you do not like your starting line .. you can recon.  This seems to go well for most that recon.   Check out their products ...

Message 5 of 29
baller4life
Super Contributor

We can't see any posts since yesterday. New posts aren't visible right now. I was notified of a post from you. But, can't see it right now. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 7 of 29
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  I was approved yesterday for the same card at a 5k limit unfortunately they pulled EQ which is my lowest score 676. I will use it for 60 days and then request a CLI which I am confident I will get with this lender.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 8 of 29
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

86457474.gif

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Baller4Live... I did already... Smiley Wink silly girl.!

To Everyone Else...

But yes to anyone & everyone the PenFed Thread is a must read. 

If you want to set a stage for the future in home buying, car buying etc.  This is the place to read about it in entirety !

Please check out the data points. on the PenFed Thread it is amazing balls of information. 

I may of never pushed the app button if it was not for the thread. 

PS if you thought you could not join this credit union .. you are wrong.  Small donation of $14/$15 and a $5 savings account you are a member.

They do a hp for you to be a member .. but then they use that same equifax score for up to 3 months.  

Check it out... PS they give some nice starting lines and if you do not like your starting line .. you can recon.  This seems to go well for most that recon.   Check out their products ...

Congrats Bella, and welcome to the Family. Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.