Did you mean: 

Im in with PenFed Heaven !!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Im in with PenFed Heaven !!

@baller4life wrote:
Data share thread back up and running Smiley Happy

Woo Hoo Peeps ... if anyone has any interest in what PenFed has to offer and their very impressive decent products.... and you are interested in getting in with this credit union and interested in reading if you have a chance.  Please put baller4life PenFed Datapoints on your must read list. 

At first I too wanted a few of the main stream cards by the big banks.  But to have an established relationship with a credit union for car loans, mortgages, personal loans, IRA's etc is a good thing.  If you don't have that on your resume .. look locally.  But if you can't join because of their stips on who etc.  This is a great alternative.  

I thought I could not belong to the NFCU or the PenFed.... I just wanted to choose one... so I chose PenFed cause they only do 1 HP.  

Im so glad I did... 

Amex is the card I always wanted but can't have yet... ugh. 

But PenFed has credit cards you can have but never thought about wanting ... 

Anyway... read Baller4Lifes threads .. and read how peeps loveth the PenFed. 

After you app for PennFed come meet me in the Garden!!! 

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I just went the Navy Federal Route but am looking to join PenFed in a few months. The are both great and heads and shoulders over most banks.

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats. I just went the Navy Federal Route but am looking to join PenFed in a few months. The are both great and heads and shoulders over most banks.

I only wish I had known about these credit unions sooner.. It is because all of you in the myFico community that have educated me. 

Navy Fed is the #1 Credit Union.. so you did great there.  PenFed is in #3 spot .. but for me they are #1 of course Smiley Happy 

People belong to both from what I read.  Right now I only see myself being with one.. I guess you might say I am Credit Union Monogomist.  

Tee..  I believe that Navy Fed is more giving on the starting lines.. but they like to do hp for everything.  So if the lines are there people don't mind the pulls.  Congrats .. I hope they are being good to you.... 

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are being very goodSmiley Happy

I just want to join PenFed too because I hate having everthing at one institution no matter how great they are. I've been the victim of fraud and it sucks when someone gets into your checking account. So I like diversity. I'm going to spread the love aroundSmiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They are being very goodSmiley Happy

I just want to join PenFed too because I hate having everthing at one institution no matter how great they are. I've been the victim of fraud and it sucks when someone gets into your checking account. So I like diversity. I'm going to spread the love aroundSmiley Very Happy

Very valid point of belonging to more than just one.  

Sorry for the fraud you had to encounter.  I hope it all worked out in the end. 

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worked out fine in the end, just scary at the time. Now I prefer to have plan B and C ready to go. 

Message 26 of 29
creditlady43
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

Navy Fed Sig. Visa ($27,500)|BlueGreen Encore Rewards ($10,000)|CapitalOne ($6,950)|Discover ($1,000)
Starting Equifax Score: 520 (5/2014) - Current Score: 726
Starting Transunion Score: 613 (5/2014) - Current Score: 733
Starting Experian: 595 - Current Score: 742
Message 27 of 29
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all! 

I only app'd for the Visa Rewards... 

I am trying to figure out .. what else I may be interested in... ?  I still have 3 months to use the same pull. 

I keep thinking the CLOC... 

Im not in the market for a car... 

If any PenFed peeps have app'd or have certain products... tell me what you app'd for and why you love it? 

Maybe that will help me decide a bit more... 

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.