Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In With Chase-Amazon Visa Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In With Chase-Amazon Visa Approved

So weird approval. I applied after making a post about this card. I didn't know if I wanted the Visa since I have the store Card. I really wanted it so I could bypass the 5/24 rule. I kept getting denied with Chase because of that. So I applied. Then I sort of regretted it after reading my previous post. I called Chase and thought my app was cancelled. I figured I wasted an INQ but I didn't need the card.

Today-a letter comes in the mail saying to call Chase. I called. They didn't tell me why but wanted to verify my info. I had applied for Freedom last week as well. They sent me a text and he came back on and said I was approved. My hightest SL so far-$4k. Then he said Amazon Visa.

So I'm thrilled I am in with Chase. Thrilled I got a 4K starting limit. Thrilled I am finally in with Chase. Not so thrilled about it being the Amazon card. Now I don't know how to even use this. The store Card is much more beneficial but I guess I can use it for other purchases outside of Amazon. Idk.

It's a mixed feeling approval. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In With Chase despite 5/24 - Amazon Visa Approved

@Anonymous wrote:
So weird approval. I applied after making a post about this card. I didn't know if I wanted the Visa since I have the store Card. I really wanted it so I could bypass the 5/24 rule. I kept getting denied with Chase because of that. So I applied. Then I sort of regretted it after reading my previous post. I called Chase and thought my app was cancelled. I figured I wasted an INQ but I didn't need the card.

Today-a letter comes in the mail saying to call Chase. I called. They didn't tell me why but wanted to verify my info. I had applied for Freedom last week as well. They sent me a text and he came back on and said I was approved. My hightest SL so far-$4k. Then he said Amazon Visa.

So I'm thrilled I am in with Chase. Thrilled I got a 4K starting limit. Thrilled I am finally in with Chase. Not so thrilled about it being the Amazon card. Now I don't know how to even use this. The store Card is much more beneficial but I guess I can use it for other purchases outside of Amazon. Idk.

It's a mixed feeling approval. Smiley Happy

Congrats on your approval but the Amazon card has never been subject to the 5/24 rule.  There are several Chase cards that do not fall under the 'rule' and the Amazon card is one of them.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In With Chase despite 5/24 - Amazon Visa Approved

I know. That's why I wanted it. Basically the only reason I wanted it.

But... maybe I misunderstand-I heard once you get in with any card... including the ones that 5/24 don't apply to-then you are good for the others. Is that wrong?

I have a question too.... is this a signature Visa? On the website and card I can't see any "signature" listed but they added my card to my Amazon account and it is listed as Amazon Visa Signature Card.

Message 3 of 13
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Re: In With Chase-Amazon Visa Approved

Yep, it's a Signature. Even with a $500 limit. :-)

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Nice. I thought I missed it by 1k thinking min of 5k was required. That's good for me... bad for the signature cards in general. Makes them mean less than anyone can get them.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!!! Nice going! You're in with Chase. That's a good thing. I think I'm gonna have to wait awhile! 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx. Now I need Citi (I want the Double Cash Card) and Amex (Blue Cash) and I will be done. Then I will garden forever as far as CC's go unless one comes out that is too good to pass up.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

A big congrats to you! I'd be thrilled! You got in with Chase - something that I wish I could but can't.  Enjoy it! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

grats buddy it's still a good card and the ability to rack up points is better than the store card IMO cause you can use it anywhere, other post was right it'll be a signature card they all got upgraded about a year ago. Btw you have a card I wanted the US bank cash plus haha it's a good combo with the DC card for sure.
Message 9 of 13
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Congrat into the Chase family.

Chase Amazon is just an ok card for me. Discover has 5% Amazon promotion this quarter. The Amazon Prime Store card always has 5% if you are on Prime. Still decent. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.