Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the Door with AMEX BCE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the Door with AMEX BCE!

Hi Everyone,

First time poster, long time lurker. I wanted to share me recent success with AMEX. I applied for the BCE card after weeks of deciding whether or not I should. My main reason for applying was to get in the door with amex, and I had the itch to apply! I was worried I was going to be denied since I had zero history with AMEX, but was very surprised when I was instantly approved!!

Instantly approved for $17,000 SL.
Sign-up Bonus: $150 back after spending $500 in first 3 months.

Stats: 779 TU. 801 EQ. 784 FICO. AAOA=2yrs 6m. 10 total accounts. $70k available credit. No baddies. 2% utilization. Income=67k. 5 recent inquiries.

Didn't see the apr. Didn't receive card yet. No hard pull yet.
Hope this is helpful for others who are on the fence with similar stats. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: In the Door with AMEX BCE!

Thats an incredible approval. Not only did you destroy it with your limit, an amazing feat getting a $150 for $500 spend. Most of the time we see for $1000 spend. With stats like yours , i would be confidant in almost any app i do. Well done and Welcome to the Amex family,Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
SarahJo
Established Contributor

I hear nothing but good things about this card, was just approved for mine, congrats!

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 3 of 11
cleanitup
Regular Contributor

Congrats, that is amazing

Message 4 of 11
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I got mine today too.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Everyone! 30% return on spend for thr first $500 ain't too shabby.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thats an incredible approval. Not only did you destroy it with your limit, an amazing feat getting a $150 for $500 spend. Most of the time we see for $1000 spend. With stats like yours , i would be confidant in almost any app i do. Well done and Welcome to the Amex family,Smiley Happy

+1

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too got the $150 on $500 spend.  Was easy to meet because of new house.  The $150 credit showed up automatic; was nice to see!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting on mine in the mail...$100 on $1000 spend, but my score was 666 according to AMEX's site.  Creeps me out every time I see that number.  Thankfully it keeps sliding up, slowly but surely.

Message 9 of 11
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

Nice! Great SL! Welcome to the AmEx family!
TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.