Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the Door with AMEX !!!

tag
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Re: In the Door with AMEX !!!

Congrats!! My BCE started at $500 too. Take good care of it and it will grow. Now I'm at $20K (2 years later). 

Message 21 of 27
dogmeat
Regular Contributor

Huge Congrats!  I remember when I first got in with Amex, I was so happy, and I agree that any in is a good in, with Amex.  I would recommend against carrying a balance on the card, though.  I have read on here that Amex likes PIF, and I really don't think you need to play any special games in this area to increase your chances of CLI.

My obvservations are that your scores are still a little low, your file is a little dirty, and your credit seeking has been fairly aggressive for the last 2 years.  You got in anyway - good for you - but the best way to increase the likelihood of future CLIs and new credit products is (as you already mentioned) to hit the brakes, and just follow the standard best practice of spend and PIF, in my opinion. 

Message 22 of 27
Mv350
Valued Contributor

@dogmeat wrote:

Huge Congrats!  I remember when I first got in with Amex, I was so happy, and I agree that any in is a good in, with Amex.  I would recommend against carrying a balance on the card, though.  I have read on here that Amex likes PIF, and I really don't think you need to play any special games in this area to increase your chances of CLI.

My obvservations are that your scores are still a little low, your file is a little dirty, and your credit seeking has been fairly aggressive for the last 2 years.  You got in anyway - good for you - but the best way to increase the likelihood of future CLIs and new credit products is (as you already mentioned) to hit the brakes, and just follow the standard best practice of spend and PIF, in my opinion. 

I was really planning on staying in the garden for awhile before this app. I got a wild hair, and somehow there was trust in the app button Smiley Happy

I have no desire for a CLI for awhile. I plan on posting a small balance and PIF every month for a quite a while with this card. 

Message 23 of 27
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations 🎊🎉🎈🍾

If no SUB this time no worries
There will be plenty of those to app
In the future you are in the door and
Now to work on the 3X credit limit !!!
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 24 of 27
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Looking forward to it!
Message 25 of 27
elixerin
Established Contributor

CONGRATS on the approval!

if you don't mind telling how many HP's were you at when you applied? i'm in a similar boat looking for an in with AMEX with about to be 1 year credit hist but 14 HP's on EXP w/ 700 FICO, thanks

Message 26 of 27
Mv350
Valued Contributor

At the time of application 25/24, 9/12. Experian

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.