Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In with BoA (again) round 2 with 99/500 cash rewards

tag
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

In with BoA (again) round 2 with 99/500 cash rewards

So was driving today and the radio started beeping so I hit the button on my steering wheel and answered it. It was BoA telling me I was appoved for the 99 500 this will be my second attempt this time I won't close it 3 months before the year mark! Time to get this graduation!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In with BoA (again) round 2 with 99/500 cash rewards

Congrats and good luck!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't close it. I closed my with Discover but I didn't care. I had a secure card 200.00 never used it. 
Anyway, my husband had a secure Bank of America rewards card and it graduated. That was last August. Started with 500.00 and now the CL is 5000.00 in less than a year. It grows very fast. Bank of America can be generous! 

Message 3 of 11
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@bigalkescott514 wrote:

So was driving today and the radio started beeping so I hit the button on my steering wheel and answered it. It was BoA telling me I was appoved for the 99 500 this will be my second attempt this time I won't close it 3 months before the year mark! Time to get this graduation!!!

Congrats. With scores in your range, I'm surprised you weren't offered an unsecured product originally. You'll probably  graduate in a few months. Just use it and make large payments and BofA will reward you. 

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 4 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats..  Although if I were you I would of declined it as scores in your range and the cards you have are better than it already.  Glad you are happy though, that is what is important!

Message 5 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats. Interesting with your decent scores, but whatever works for you!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

BoA denies me for every card I app for. Smiley Sad It is discouraging they have been doing this to me since I turned 18 two years ago..Goal is to get this card unsecured and prove to BoA that I am worth it! Especially if they want my mortgage in a few years!Smiley Wink Although I am leaning towards NasaFCU for that. But that is a whole other topic for now time to charge 450 a month to this and PIF! Last time I had this one I was new to credit and carried a high balance on it for months on end, NO MORE!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I tried a few times, but was always declined too. The $99/$500 is a starting point, which I accepted too. Not everyone is offered that. So I say go for it. Now that you are officially in, you may qualify for their better products in the future. Good luck!!
Message 8 of 11
padme
Established Contributor

congrats

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im 99/500 Rewards 3-2-1 Card as well, Stay with it this time and Graduate soon!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.