Not applicable

Re: In with DCU finally

Great job 12, nice SL!
Message 31 of 139
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nice job 12!!! Never could get a card with them, lol..membership was a breeze though. Congrats!!
Message 32 of 139
12njoy
Super Contributor

Thanks pizza
@pizza1 wrote:
Nice job 12!!! Never could get a card with them, lol..membership was a breeze though. Congrats!!
(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 33 of 139
12njoy
Super Contributor

This was a fiasco.  2nd application was cancelled as a duplicate last night.   Why the rep didn't tell me that last night is beyond me.   Caked this morning and they were still confused and they switched me to the higher apr rewards card.  

___________ 12Njoy
Message 34 of 139
12njoy
Super Contributor

FIASCO FIASCO.  Called to close membership and visa card.  Asked them to remove 2 inq's and they refused.  Then they came back and said rewards card is declined and were closing the approval from yesterday because it was never reviewed by a loan officer.  I said it was reviewed by a loan officer as the rep told me so when she put me on hold.  They come back and said ok were going to freeze the account and have management look at it on Monday.  Someone will call you on Monday about account.  At this point, a CFPB complaint is forthcoming.  The simple fact that I'm being told that a loan officer didn't review it when I know for a fact that it was reviewed.  The fact that now they want to review the process tells me that they know it was reviewed.  I will be doing CFPB, BBB and state AG office.  This has been one giant fiasco.  Each time I called in asking about the Rewards card (they kept me on hold for 20 minutes so I called back in) they put in a new application without my knowledge.  All this for $7,500 I don't think so.  I'll wait on my next cli with BofA in the next 1-2 months.  That'll get me where I want to be.  Still only two pulls (EQ/TU) but I want them both removed and then they can close the account in full.  If a MOD can move this to applications, that would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 35 of 139
stellar
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear that 12enjoy! 

I think I've read of them doing takebacks like this.  I think they are nota greatCUfor ppl w a lot of cards, they get skittish. 

It's really unfair and unprofessional of them though.  I feel like creditors and even other companies like insurance are so loose and easy about dinging our credit reports w inquiries...then punish us so hard for too many!  That needs to be changed. 

I hope you can get them removed.  And I think they deserve the complaints.

Message 36 of 139
12njoy
Super Contributor

@stellar wrote:

Sorry to hear that 12enjoy! 

I think I've read of them doing takebacks like this.  I think they are nota greatCUfor ppl w a lot of cards, they get skittish. 

It's really unfair and unprofessional of them though.  I feel like creditors and even other companies like insurance are so loose and easy about dinging our credit reports w inquiries...then punish us so hard for too many!  That needs to be changed. 

I hope you can get them removed.  And I think they deserve the complaints.

Thanks Stellar.  It looks like they linked the two applications together which is ok.  My problem is that if you link them together then they are linked.  The supervisor did say he would remove the inq for the approved card and close the account.  I said no remove both of them.  He balked and reviewed the account notes I guess and must have seen that it was reviewed unlike what he had previously told me and then came back and said the account is being frozen.  Interesting enough, the 2nd application now notes as "cancelled" on their app status page.  More of an argument that the inq for that should be removed since DCU cancelled the application. Remove both inq's and we can part ways amicably.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 37 of 139
baller4life
Super Contributor

Dang sorry 12. DCU has a rep for doing this as well as doing AA on existing accounts. Which is precisely why I never joined. Them and NASA behave like a bank IMO. And I'm just not interested. Hope you can get something resolved Monday.
Message 38 of 139
12njoy
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Dang sorry 12. DCU has a rep for doing this as well as doing AA on existing accounts. Which is precisely why I never joined. Them and NASA behave like a bank IMO. And I'm just not interested. Hope you can get something resolved Monday.

Thanks I fully expect that I will have to file complaints. 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 39 of 139
12njoy
Super Contributor

Your Credit Card LoansEntry TimeLoan StatusActions
View LoanEdit LoanView DocsSend Message
#XXXXX INSTANT APPROVED
FUNDED

#XXXXX CANCELED    
___________ 12Njoy
Message 40 of 139
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.