Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In with DCU finally-Frozen-then released for use-then closed and reopened

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: In with DCU finally

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh wow, fight this one until the end.... Monday will be a busy day for you, keep us posted.

Yes indeed.  Fight I will.  At this point, it's not about the $7,500.  Maybe one of our esteemed commenters works for DCU Smiley LOL

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 61 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about the turnaround 12! I hope it will be a better outcome for you on Monday...  Im a little concerned now since I opened a few CCs lately since I got approved by them about a year now. I do have a checking account (bi-monthly deposit paycheck), car refi, and the DCU Platinum with them. Also been doing BTs with thier CC... Crossed my fingers Smiley Sad

Message 62 of 139
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: In with DCU finally-Then Rescinded

Sorry about your situation 12njoySmiley Sad . I dont care if you have $100 credit or 800,000, you shouldnt approve someone and then 2 days later ,take it away. I wish these banks and CU's would just do their due diligence BEFORE approving someone. I appreciate everyones take on their credit journey here on the forum as there is always something we can take away from that persons experience whether good or bad. Thanks again for sharing your experience, hope you can get the hps taken care of, cheersSmiley Happy
Message 63 of 139
12njoy
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Sorry about your situation 12njoySmiley Sad . I dont care if you have $100 credit or 800,000, you shouldnt approve someone and then 2 days later ,take it away. I wish these banks and CU's would just do their due diligence BEFORE approving someone. I appreciate everyones take on their credit journey here on the forum as there is always something we can take away from that persons experience whether good or bad. Thanks again for sharing your experience, hope you can get the hps taken care of, cheersSmiley Happy

Well said!

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 64 of 139
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@redpat wrote:
Wow, why go back to the well. I'm sorry I can't feel bad for someone that just apps because. Over 800k of credit and still apping. All this was self inflicted by OP pushing on the gas and getting caught speeding.

Cut-off that app finger.

I guess someone else asked for sympathy or pity because it certainly wasn't me!  I'll do what works for me and you continue doing what works for you.  Things happen in life and we deal with it.  No exception here.   I'm posting to explain what happened in my case and am not asking anyone to follow my path.   Always seems to be the conception that I'm asking or looking for approval or advice,  im not.   And yes it's an open forum and I can apply whenever and wherever I choose as long as I can deal with the consequences.  Case closed.  

Here! Here!

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 65 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@12njoy wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Well said!

Sorry to hear 12! I do bank with DCU. Did not have any issues so far! Yes I agree some people are too opiniated or too negative! No need to care those! I am with you on this!! Go fight get the inquiries removed! Each individual credit needs are different and there in no one universal opinion on that!

Message 66 of 139
redpat
Senior Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@redpat wrote:
Wow, why go back to the well. I'm sorry I can't feel bad for someone that just apps because. Over 800k of credit and still apping. All this was self inflicted by OP pushing on the gas and getting caught speeding.

Cut-off that app finger.

I guess someone else asked for sympathy or pity because it certainly wasn't me!  I'll do what works for me and you continue doing what works for you.  Things happen in life and we deal with it.  No exception here.   I'm posting to explain what happened in my case and am not asking anyone to follow my path.   Always seems to be the conception that I'm asking or looking for approval or advice,  im not.   And yes it's an open forum and I can apply whenever and wherever I choose as long as I can deal with the consequences.  Case closed.  

My comments were to other posters being sympathetic on your  failure to launch with DCU,   Hey app your brains out who cares adding more credit is meaningless at this point , of course as always, IMO.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 67 of 139
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I see some replies are focused strictly on OP's overall total lines but fail sorely to take into consideration that the bulk of those card accounts already and long have made for much extended history with good payments schedules, which affords him to stage a little bit differently than most, and to his credit.

CU's go about issuance completely different than mainstream big bank lenders so something like that can be expected to crop up especially where concerns CU's. That's a no brainer and it's also certain that the expectations weren't all that great which is something you can see was taken into account even when approaching them with such a beefed up profile as this one.

It's nothing more than a "Bump" in the road IMHO and kudo's to OP for even testing the pressure limits with this CU in full knowledge that it could just as easily (and did in this instance) take an unpredictable turn to disappointment.

And the same applies to every one of us. No matter how refined our profile or how big the FICO score, we can never be 100% certain that at the particular time in which we apply for credit if it the result will return for us a positive result or the opposite.

Good Day Everyone Smiley Happy

Message 68 of 139
ddemari
Super Contributor

dang 12 im sorry about this! I have had ZERO luck with DCU. I have a share account and checking account but never approved for any of their credit products. I say you are better with out them. 

Message 69 of 139
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

dang 12 im sorry about this! I have had ZERO luck with DCU. I have a share account and checking account but never approved for any of their credit products. I say you are better with out them. 

+1 d

Message 70 of 139
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.