Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In with Discover! Can't believe it!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In with Discover! Can't believe it!

So I just got approved for the Delta Amex a couple days ago... My equifax bumped to 662 this morning as it was just updated on my final 2 chargeoffs (Paid 0$ balance) and this was the last card I wanted to try for before the garden. In my rebuild I wanted an Amex or Discover. Figured I would try for both before planting the seeds for the next 2 years. (Actually my biggest goal was getting an unsecured NFCU card.. so I officially surpassed all expectations)

I have been going back and forth to even apply as I didn't even pre-qualify! It kept offering me a secured card. Thanks to whogavemecredit and creditpulls I saw some approvals in my range.

I figured what the hell.. I have 10 new accounts in the past year, 10 Inqs on equifax but 13% UTIL, no collections, 68k income, AAOA of equifax is almost 4 years.

So I applied and wow.. approved lol. It didn't even register any pre-approvals on the pre-qual site except secured!!

SL is $500 which I'm completely fine with as 6 months ago I only had a secured card for $250. I plan on watering this bad boy, paying in full every month.

Here's the kicker... They pulled Experian! Which is great! Was not expecting that!

Experian - 657 - AAOA 2 years 9 months, 5 inqs, 13% UTIL - 11 open accounts, last late 16 months ago.

I'm still somewhat shocked as my rebuild is complete. NFCU, amex, discover.. and a little extra accounts on the side so offset some spending Smiley Happy

OFF TO THE GARDEN OFFICIALLY! Re-build complete... time to watch the limits grow.

Oh.. and I picked the awesome lime green card , 23% ouch but no biggie... Disco It - Cash back

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: In with Discover! Can't believe it!

Hey congrats on your approvals!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Approval

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 4 of 9
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations
Message 5 of 9
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Dont sweat the APR ... Discover entertains APR reductions every 6 months AFTER the promo period and/or first year....

-J

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't know Discover entertains APR reductions. I'll definitely have to ask about that asap.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations,. I love my discover sure you will too.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.