Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In with Discover!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In with Discover!

Congratulations!

Started as one of my lower limit cards, and with some patience and timely payments, this cards has become my favorite; as well as the highest limit card. As others have said, the Discover Deals are awesome, the 5% cashback categories are usually great (even if they overlap on some of my other cards), and no foreign transaction fees is a really nice perk.

Enjoy the card! 

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!! I also got approved after 3 tries for Blispay as well!!! Tried to get an FNBO card but got the 2-4 week message. Is that usually a denial?
Message 12 of 16
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Congrats OP! I got the same sl on my IT the other day.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 13 of 16
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Iv become a discover fan.... It took me 2 tries to get in...

At least for me.. it has grown with the maturing and growing of my credit score....

Started off with with 2500 CL.. and it just keeps going up.... (currently 16300)

Theres the features and ease of redeeming rewards on this card... but 1. It can grow, and 2. They entertain APR reductions and 3. They also have great BT offers...

So depending on what your going for.. this card has multiple uses.... 

They are a little unpredictable at first, but once your in and been established with them....they seem to settle down a bit on the bipolar....

I tend not to worry about declines or AA or such with Discover... BUT you must update them on overseas travel.... 

I thought it was worth it, plus with their secured product.. they really are trying to be all things for a wide gamut of customers...

The only other thing.. is they do want you to pay attention to them...kind of like a jealous girlfriend... at least at first...  Discover wants to be your daily driver ... they bailed me out of a creeping utilization bind.. they were the only card i was carrying a balance on...  (think my other cards had a few dollars on them but would be paid off after the statement generated not before)

-J

Message 14 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks everyone!! I also got approved after 3 tries for Blispay as well!!! Tried to get an FNBO card but got the 2-4 week message. Is that usually a denial?

FNBO measures INQ's and can take some effort getting in but if in doubt give it a few days and just call them.

They are very new customer aware and friendly and will tell you up front what's what if not approved.

Welcome To The Discover Family and CONGRATS! on that one too.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks CM7👍🏽
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.