Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In with PenFed. CLI Update!

tag
Siopao
Regular Contributor

In with PenFed. CLI Update!

PenFed was on my list for CU's to join.  Applied for membership over the weekend and decided to go for a personal loan.  I was instantly denied for the personal loan, so I waited for the survey email so I can try and recon.  I got the email yesterday and filled it out.  Got a call today and she explained to me the reasons why I wasn't approved and if I wanted to build a relationship I should try one of their credit cards.  Well, I applied with her over the phone and was instantly approved for $5,000 @ 17.99%.  I'm just glad to get in with PenFed and build my relationship with them.

Thanks to Baller and this community for all the help and info they have given me.  Without this community I wouldn't have become a member of great CU's like PenFed and NFCU.

Update:

So I called to activate my card for Apple Pay, after the CSR gets me all set up he asks if I would be interested in raising my CL.  I told him that I just got the card so I wasn't sure if I should.  I figured I may as well.  After taking my info (he assured me that it would be an SP), he put me on hold for what seemed like an eternity.  I'm thinking in my head, oh I should've just told him no...  He comes back on and says I'm happy to let you know that your new limit is now $7,500!  Not too shabby I must say!  Thanks PenFed!

PF CLI.jpg

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: In with PenFed

Congratulations and welcome aboard the Penfed train! 😀 You have two of the best CUs in the country on your team. Good job!

Message 2 of 4
Siopao
Regular Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Congratulations and welcome aboard the Penfed train! 😀 You have the two of the best CUs in the country on your team. Good job!

Thanks Baller!  Your PenFed mega thread was a huge help. Smiley Very Happy

I'm also an Alliant member, but I just a checking and savings account with them.  I'm still debating if I want any credit products with them.  But I will say they have the best checking/savings so far!

Message 3 of 4
baller4life
Super Contributor

Love love love Alliant checking and savings! They are the best in that arena. They send out preapprovals quarterly. I am waiting for a 50k points sign up bonus offer for a cc. A free $500. I love free money.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.