cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insta-Approved for an Amex Platinum, meeting the bonus spending?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Insta-Approved for an Amex Platinum, meeting the bonus spending?

Hi guys,

A couple weeks ago I was approved for the US Bank Cash+ with a 743 Equifax (provided by US Bank).  I thought my credit score and upcoming spending over the next few months would make now a pretty good time for the Platinum (first amex ever).  I'm going on a trip to Spain, France, and Portugal in early May, and of course there will be ancillary expenses.  I'll be putting all the money for French Open tickets, touristy stuff, and whatever restaurants accept Amex on the card.  (Unfortunately already put my plane tickets on another cc).  

I'm assuming using my card in Europe would count towards minimum spend for the bonus?  Even though it's euros?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Insta-Approved for an Amex Platinum, meeting the bonus spending?

Test that customert service. Use online chat or call AMEX and ask about utilizing foreign spend for meeting spending bonus. It is a travel card and I cannot imagine it will not be counted toward the bonus spend.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval.  Any spend, domestic or foreign will count towards meeting the spend requirement.

Message 3 of 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Congrats on the approval.  Any spend, domestic or foreign will count towards meeting the spend requirement.

+1 Used my SPG to meet my SUB in Mexico back in December for vacation with my sisters. It all counted.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweeeeeet.  Thanks dude.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.