cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant Approval for Hyatt Signature Visa -- with Discover CLI and CSP approved update

tag
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Instant Approval for Hyatt Signature Visa -- with Discover CLI and CSP approved update

I have been looking at the Hyatt Visa Card for a long time and I pulled the trigger.... bam! instant approval!! Smiley Happy wohoo!  I wonder how much will my limit be.

I have been denied a CLI for my Amex Hilton Honors for for 3x in a row now.... lol

I don't want to do a mini spree again cause I have 20 iniquiries already.... or should I? Hhahaha.

Am so happpyyyyyyyyy.  ANy insights about about this card ???? Smiley Happy

Thanks to this forum!

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Instant Approval for Hyatt Signature Visa

Congrats

Message 2 of 8
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

@Credit314 wrote:

Congrats

Thanks sir!

Tried the Chase Sapphire Preferred card.... Denied. Put on hold for two minutes and approved for 5K. Hyatt was 12K.  Woohoo.... 

AMEX is not good to me still Smiley Sad

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 3 of 8
distantarray
Established Contributor

20 inquiries? you need a hot tub full of anti  itch lotion =p it's ok you can charge it on one of your new cards lol, but of course Amex doesn't like you! your a HUGE pyramiding risk..... also I would transfer 7 out of 12 k from your hyatt to your CSP since you'll probably use the CSP a lot more

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 8
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the instant approval! Time to head to the garden for a while! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 8
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

It's a good card, but I wouldn't call it excellent.

It has a low AF which is more than compensated by the annual free night in a cat1-4 hotel. The value on this can be as high as $300-400 or so, if you use it at a place like the PH Seoul or PH Melbourne (both cat4).

Beyond that, it has an EMV with no FTF and Hyatt platinum status. These are situational at best, and primarily benefit international travellers and Hyatt guests.

The earning structure is medicore, and is completely outclassed by the CSP unless you really need the extra night/stay credits to hit diamond. It comes at a stiff price though: 20-40k annual spend.

At this point you should think about where you want to use those 2 free nights. They're not restricted by category, so you can use them anywhere in the world. If you have a high-value property (cat6) that you were considering, this would be the time to do it. The free night certs are good for 12 months only.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 6 of 8
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Congrat for your new approval....

Wonder why they denied you 3x for limit.....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 8
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

Congrat for your new approval....

Wonder why they denied you 3x for limit.....

I am not sure. It says my FICO is 709 with too many inquiries and a high risk score according to AMEX internal score system Smiley Sad

So guys, you recommended me allocating my 5k hyatt credit line to the saphire preferred to make it a total of 12?? I was actuallty thinking of ditching sapphire preferred later on before the annual fee hits and just transfer the 5k limit to my freedom with no AF.

I plan to keep the hyatt visa sig since it's annual fee pays for the hotel room itself anyway. What do you guys think? 

I got a CLI from Discover to 9k from 4.5k --- I was asking for 12k but got countered by the credit analysty.

It's garden time!!!! 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.