Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insulting PayPal 2% Synchrony Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Insulting PayPal 2% Synchrony Approval

I've had the same experience with Synch so far. Amazon $200, PayPal $300 and Walmart $400. My accounts are fairly new (opened in Dec. 2017) Give it some time and hopefully we'll get some love. 

Message 11 of 31
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
After getting approved yesterday for the Amazon storecard, I thought Synch was warming up to me. I applied for the PayPal card and was told to call a number to verify. I did, and they came back and said I was approved with a $100 CL. Yes, $100.

OP, I applied for the PPCBMC last year and got a $300 approval. I attempted CLIs at activation and after the first few statements without luck. I decided I needed to cut my loss and called in January to close the account. The rep convinced me to try another CLI. I did it through robolady and received +7k. 

My SCL for the PPCBMC approval was substancially lower than my SCL for the Amazon Prime Card; however, I obtained a major CLI on the PPCBMC a lot sooner (i.e., months) than on the Prime card (i.e., 1+ year). Synchrony is weird!!

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey OP! 

I opened a Walmart card with Synchrony in October. I tried every which way I could to get a CLI as I was initially given a $200 CL. As soon as my TU score went to 676 I called the backdoor number. Requested a 5K limit.... APPROVED.

It is true what they say. It'll happen!  

Message 13 of 31
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Lol Yeah sorry for the serious humor. In all seriousness though I thought the SL was ridiculous. First time for me seeing an approval that low. So hoping it will grow for you OP!
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel your pain OP, my paypal MC started at 300 and wouldn't budge for 3 statements. Now its at 10,000 though after only 4 short months so it WILL GROW. i know it can be hard and frustrating to get low a Sl, but use it here and there, keep your score high and in good shape and that train will start to move, i promise! 

Message 15 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, thsts what i figured ShatteredSmiley Happy. I know sarcasm csn be lost through the words onlineSmiley Wink . On a positive note we just got a new acronym of epic proportions to add to our lingo: PPCBMCSmiley Wink SAY THAT 5 TIMES FASTSmiley Wink, Sounds like a ballistic missleSmiley Wink
Message 16 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Also in my experience Amazon is harder to move past its breaking points tgan most other Sync cards, ie 6k 8 k 10k, etc. Ymmv of course.
Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thing is, my scores aren't that low. AAoA is 5 months which could be a low, and I have tons of INQs. Is that enough to justify a $100 SL? Didn't think it was possible to go that low. Scores are right around 700 across all bureaus. I just don't understand, lol.

Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry OP!

I got the Synchrony bank does not want to extend any more credit to you at this time notice when I applied. I called trying to get help and the guy was like wait for the letter. I am still waiting for the letter by the way and its been 2 months. So at least you got approved. 

Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with a 700 CL in October with a 640 TU. I was bumped to 2000 after 3 statements. This week i was bumped to 5k. TU is about 30 points higher now. Give it time. Your CL will grow with time and without HPs.
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.