Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting BBVA SL data point.

tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Interesting BBVA SL data point.

I was recently accepted for a BBVA ClearPoints Rewards card for a SL if $15,300 and 16.49% APR, both of which are the best for any of my cards. I did the prequal a few weeks before I decided to pull the trigger on it, and I didn’t notice it at the time, but the SL they offered me was the total CL of my Summit and Discover card at the time I did the prequal ($6500 and $8800). When I got the CLI up to $8800 in my Summit card, I waited a few days and did the double dip and they gave me $10,000, bit when the card reported it was still at $8800.

BBVA’s $15,300 was either my combined CL’s or a heck of a coincidence.

I just thought I’d share that in somebody with a thinner file like mine was considering the card.
I do really like that their prequal tells the SL and APR before you have to apply.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Interesting BBVA SL data point.

@JNA1 wrote:
I was recently accepted for a BBVA ClearPoints Rewards card for a SL if $15,300 and 16.49% APR, both of which are the best for any of my cards. I did the prequal a few weeks before I decided to pull the trigger on it, and I didn’t notice it at the time, but the SL they offered me was the total CL of my Summit and Discover card at the time I did the prequal ($6500 and $8800). When I got the CLI up to $8800 in my Summit card, I waited a few days and did the double dip and they gave me $10,000, bit when the card reported it was still at $8800.

BBVA’s $15,300 was either my combined CL’s or a heck of a coincidence.

I just thought I’d share that in somebody with a thinner file like mine was considering the card.
I do really like that their prequal tells the SL and APR before you have to apply.

Congrats on The BBVA Clearpoints, I to got the pre-qualify mailer ..with No relationship.

have since opened a checking and savings with them. so far, I am a happy camperSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 31
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007

How do you like their online checking app? Is it real time, meaning does it show debits, payments, credits, etc as they happen? My local bank got bought out and their online banking is terrible! I’m looking to make a change and there is a BBVA branch 5 mins from my workplace.

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 3 of 31
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:
@M_Smart007

How do you like their online checking app? Is it real time, meaning does it show debits, payments, credits, etc as they happen? My local bank got bought out and their online banking is terrible! I’m looking to make a change and there is a BBVA branch 5 mins from my workplace.

I just opened and funded it, have not used the checking yet.

but i know @Anonymous probably can give you some good answersSmiley Happy He'll chime in shortly.

Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Is BBVA geolocked? NY here.
Message 5 of 31
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Nice! Is BBVA geolocked? NY here.

@Anonymous, check website and look for branch locator, see if they are in your area?

if not?  ...then have to wait for Prequal Mailer.

Message 6 of 31
JNA1
Valued Contributor

They have a great prequal site:
https://online.bbvausa.com/apply/credit-card-prequal?source=sba&oneTimeToken=SSOls/5v/LlXLNcqyXmBy75...Smiley Surprised

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JNA1 wrote:
@M_Smart007

I haven't done any transactions with their checking account yet but I was reading the terms and they do seem to post transactions throughout the day, in the order they come in, which is actually a negative to me. I like that my bank processes everything the next morning, deposits first. 

Message 8 of 31
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Thanks for the DPs and Congrats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 31
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:
@M_Smart007

I haven't done any transactions with their checking account yet but I was reading the terms and they do seem to post transactions throughout the day, in the order they come in, which is actually a negative to me. I like that my bank processes everything the next morning, deposits first. 

Then you would like US BankSmiley Wink

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.