Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting BBVA SL data point.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Interesting BBVA SL data point

I called and verified that if you come in a branch, they will SP you and give you an offer with SL and APR. If you accept, HP.
Message 21 of 31
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the BBVA approval and sweet SL!

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a follow-up to my earlier post, I’m at the branch, they did the SP and could not give me the APR and SL. They said they would in fact have to do an HP because for some strange reason the computer just wasn’t acting normally.

But they did promise me if they did the HP I would have an opportunity to accept or decline; it would not create a new account and therefore affect my ages unless I chose to accept.
Message 23 of 31
Emierja99
Contributor

Re: Interesting BBVA SL data point.

Congrats! Thanks for the DP's.

Message 24 of 31
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and great SL!!!

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval and thanks for sharing DP's! 👍

Message 26 of 31
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 27 of 31
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JNA1 wrote:
I was recently accepted for a BBVA ClearPoints Rewards card for a SL if $15,300 and 16.49% APR, both of which are the best for any of my cards. I did the prequal a few weeks before I decided to pull the trigger on it, and I didn’t notice it at the time, but the SL they offered me was the total CL of my Summit and Discover card at the time I did the prequal ($6500 and $8800). When I got the CLI up to $8800 in my Summit card, I waited a few days and did the double dip and they gave me $10,000, bit when the card reported it was still at $8800.

BBVA’s $15,300 was either my combined CL’s or a heck of a coincidence.

I just thought I’d share that in somebody with a thinner file like mine was considering the card.
I do really like that their prequal tells the SL and APR before you have to apply.

Grats on your bombad SL!  

Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Nice! Is BBVA geolocked? NY here.

@Anonymous, check website and look for branch locator, see if they are in your area?

if not?  ...then have to wait for Prequal Mailer.

Being in your area, at least in AZ, doesn't mean squat with them for their online stuff.  At least last yearish when I last fiddled with it.  They're like on every corner here, but say I'm out of their foot print.  Did get a mailer though.  I was really determined to get in with them and once I did, I just cancelled everything and I'll never do business with them if they were the last FI left.  But, that's just me.  

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.