Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Discover Auto CLI!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting Discover Auto CLI!!

Alright, so I have had my Discover it card for 9 months. This was my first CC and my only one up until two months ago when I got the Amex Gold Card. Before the gold card, I put ALL of my transactions on my Discover card. Had at least 30 transactions a month on it. Since I got the Gold card two months ago, I have almost spent NOTHING on the Disco card. My last few Disco statements have only had a handful of transactions on them. 

With that said I got an email last night saying my CL had been increased from 2200 to 3300! I thought this was very interesting given that the card was seeing little to no use.

Is this a marketing tactic to try and get me to use my card more? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
vic6string
Regular Contributor

Re: Interesting Discover Auto CLI!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this a marketing tactic to try and get me to use my card more? 

Everything that a credit card company does without your prior approval is either punishment or marketing. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Play hard to get and Disco comes a whispering with CLI's.

Also, when you get an Auto CLI you should ask for one since it's likely there's some money on the table and if you get one you should follow up with a phone call for the double dip for even more.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the auto CLI. I agree with previous poster, it wouldn’t hurt to hit the luv button and see if you can get more.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Disco auto luv! 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow lucky you !! I had my discover chrome for a year and six months before I got an increase ! And I had to request it 😫 Please sprinkle some luck over to me when you get a chance LoL😌
Message 6 of 9
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS @mmarkoff4m on your AWESOME Discover Auto CLI!!!  

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 7 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on The Auto Disco CLI

Message 8 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sounds like the Disco way. No use get CLI. Use it and its a toss up. LOL! CONGRATS!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.