Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inverted App Spree with Sensitive Lenders

tag
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Inverted App Spree with Sensitive Lenders

So I was getting a little lonely with the pandemic running amuck so I decided to count how many new accounts showed up in the last 2 years since the pandemic essentialy forced me to stay in and grow bored. After going through all 3 reports I counted it as 4/24. I also counted that Experian had only 2 hp's so the card maniac in me decided it was a good idea to apply for some and clear out most of my wish list.

First up I pulled up an application for the US Bank Cash+. I really wanted a second one in my portfolio. I also knew the application would not count under 5/24 for a later lender and they are sensitive to hp's as it is so US Bank gets to go first. Computer spit out a 3-10 day wait message so while I was hoping for something instant I will wait for the manual review. I did get their Altitude Go last year so was hoping they would not hurt too much in review.

Next came Chase with the Freedom Flex. In a few days the 5% Groceries would disapear so I wanted to at least try. On compleation of the great merry-go-round of decisions the computer was willing to do a $500 instant approval. Ouchy but an approval is an approval. Much better than the first card.

Now I also saw that the PenFed Pathfinder has returned in Visa form. So I wanted to gear up for my travel with one. I tried to get one for my mother before they closed it and personally would have applied as well but it was shut by the time I was ready. By the way my mother was denied. This time around the I was lucky to be sitting as my card got an instant approval with a SL of.....$15,000. I thought the last zero might be a mistake but having it show up after a few days and filling out a form was clearly real.

Lastly I wanted to top off my card list with the Target Redcard by TD Bank. Putting the paperwork through got me an instant approval for $2,200 in the store card. Considering how conservative they are I would say that amount is more than enough as well as a good start.

So a few days go by and I get a bunch of my new cards but there is also a letter from US Bank in the mix. Opening it up it says "After considering your application we are giving you a denial at this time because you have the max credit we are willing to issue." I was floored. My first application was a denial and every application after got me more and more per line. Almost a month goes by and I finally snap out of the daze. It is 1-2 days until 30 days passes and I call in asking for a recon. Clearly slightly nervous as I started putting my reasoning before my request. First time I ever tried a recon anyway. The rep figures it out quick enough before I get to the end of my shpiel and says they will submit my application for recon. Well I log in this morning and there is one account too many in my list. Apperently they thought about it and changed their minds giving me a $10,000 credit line approval for my hard work.

So here is the summery:

US Bank Cash+.......................$10,000

Chase Freedom Flex....................$500

Penfed Pathfinder Rewards....$15,000

Target Redcard..........................$2,200

I would like to remind people that Chase is account sensitive and US Bank is very inquiry sensitive. Those are the most difficult banks to get approved for right now. Penfed is more average but they still are conservative if you ask @AverageJoesCredit. Target is backed by TD Bank who is happy to lend but is more likely to do $200-$800 than what they gave me.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Inverted App Spree with Sensitive Lenders

Congratulations on your approvals! Great job on the reconsideration.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals! Nice work on the recon with US Bank!

Message 3 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on those fresh approvals!

Message 4 of 16
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!!

Message 5 of 16
BAD_UP
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Approvals🎉👍

Starting Score: 541
Nov 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 635, TU8 636, EX8 644
Dec 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 633, TU8 658, EX8 661
Jan 15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 698, TU8 689, EX8 706
Feb15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 704, TU8 702 , EX8 712 Goal Score: All Scores 760+,

In the garden since 1/28/21
Recently App. 1/3/21 & 1/23/21
What will you attempt to do if you knew could not Fail?
Message 6 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to all your successes posted here Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 16
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

Message 9 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.