Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invitation to apply - Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Invitation to apply - Approved!

I've been invited to apply for a Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card. Does thi mean I am automatically pre-approved? What are my chances of approval?

FICO 9 723 across the board and FICO 8 714.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Invitation to apply

Welcome To myFICO Forums.Smiley Happy

I think you have a good shot at a great card. my $0.02 worth

Message 2 of 11
gjean78
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been invited to apply for a Navy Federal More Rewards American Express card.  Does thi mean I am automatically pre-approved?  What are my chances of approval?  FICO 9 723 across the board and FICO 8 714.

go ahead apply for the card you get invitation for, I'll guarantee you'll get approved for it. with these scores, you got a 99.99 chance to get the card. thanks me later once you've been approved.

Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

An invitation is not a gaurenteed approval regardless of scores. Scores play a small part in Navy approvals. Can you let us know more on what the letter says or maybe screenshot? Lots of time people get confused with invited to apply and preapproved . Their is specific language involved that can give better clues. Are you a Navy Federal member? Any history with them? Need more info to actually help predict an outcome. Thanks
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I logged into my checking ccount at Navy Fed and saw offers so I clicked on them.  There was an invitation to apply for the AMEX card, so I decided to go for it.  I was instantly approved for 10K and I love Navy Fed.  In 91 days I will apply for the Cash Rewards Card to see if they give me a large SL.  For now, I will enjoy the cash rewards of their AMEX card.  Thanks for all of your advice. This forum has been so helpful.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your NFCU Amex approval and nice SL!Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I logged into my checking ccount at Navy Fed and saw offers so I clicked on them.  There was an invitation to apply for the AMEX card, so I decided to go for it.  I was instantly approved for 10K and I love Navy Fed.  In 91 days I will apply for the Cash Rewards Card to see if they give me a large SL.  For now, I will enjoy the cash rewards of their AMEX card.  Thanks for all of your advice. This forum has been so helpful.

Congratulations!!!, I hope post #2  encouraged youSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
An invitation is not a gaurenteed approval regardless of scores. Scores play a small part in Navy approvals. Can you let us know more on what the letter says or maybe screenshot? Lots of time people get confused with invited to apply and preapproved . Their is specific language involved that can give better clues. Are you a Navy Federal member? Any history with them? Need more info to actually help predict an outcome. Thanks

Sorry Joeseph, I am Maxwell Smart and I approve, This approvalSmiley Wink

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!
Message 9 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I wonder what a big sl is ?😯
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.