Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Capital One Inquiry Sensitive? Update: Approved

tag
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Is Capital One Inquiry Sensitive?

OP - are you prequalified?

If so, I would think you will be just fine as long as you have no record of being a churner.

I got approved for $30k with a CR average of 700  but I have spent a lot with Cap One over the last 4 years.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m not coming up with any prequalified offers, I’m fairly certain that I opted out a few years back because I got sick of the junk mail.

I wouldn’t consider myself a churner, certainly not to the level of some people. Though I have over the past couple years gotten a couple cards with annual fees to try them out while the SUB offset the cost and than decided to PC them to a non annual fee card. These would be the Citi Thank You Premier (now a Double Cash) and the Chase Sapphire Reserve ( Now a Freedom).

I honestly don’t know what qualifies as a “churner”.
Message 12 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

If you have opened up more than say 6 cards in the last 2 years I would avoid them although no one knowz Cap1 and their "rules" they have certainly became anti churners and the Venture and now the "new" savor card has been slaughtering people with 800+ credit scores, but people with mid 600's+ are getting approved assuming they haven't applied for alot of credit in the last few years.. If you have applied for alot of credit being say 5-6 cards in last two years I would avoid them, if less then you are probably golden.  Just my 2 cents to offer

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up now I’m torn. I’ve opened 5 cards in the past 2 years. I may have to wait a few months as that will bring that number down to 3.
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: I am impatient and got a itchy trigger finger...I just went for it and got instantly approved for 15k starting limit with 21%APR (kinda high but I never carry a balance). Thanks for all the info and help on this guys!
Message 15 of 21
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Welcome to the Savor family. Looks like 15k is the norm right now. Got mine at 10k last year 2 yrs out of BK.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on yoru approval and massive SL !!!!!

Message 17 of 21
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval. I think Cap1 has become a bit temperamental, some have gotten declined with 800+ scores and others with lower have been approved. Must be something with their algorithm.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 18 of 21
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Nice!
April 2024: Experian 769; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 19 of 21
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

If you have opened up more than say 6 cards in the last 2 years I would avoid them although no one knowz Cap1 and their "rules" they have certainly became anti churners and the Venture and now the "new" savor card has been slaughtering people with 800+ credit scores, but people with mid 600's+ are getting approved assuming they haven't applied for alot of credit in the last few years.. If you have applied for alot of credit being say 5-6 cards in last two years I would avoid them, if less then you are probably golden.  Just my 2 cents to offer

The rule ive seen is 9/24, but they got skittish with me at 5. Though that may be because I have 4 cards from them.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.