Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is H3ll freezing over? Finally got a Discover cli

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Is H3ll freezing over? Finally got a Discover cli

Finally got a Discover CLI after what 8 or 9 months without getting one.. Still one of my lowest cards at 13.25k.. Was at 11.25k they offered me 450 I took it as was in shock they finally offered me something..  Called in having no shame (hate having to bed) and asked if they could give me any additional as they still aren't on par to majority of most of my other cards she actually raised it another 1650 dollars.  That is a 2k CLI biggest I have ever gotten from discover granted had to wait 9 months for it...  Stats Scores 800+ TU, income into the 6 figures, other cl's basically 7k(Commerce) to max of 60k(BofA) and average or around 25kish.  Normally wouldnt post a 2k CLI, but quite shocked they finally gave me one.  Guess they might of got tired of mailing me denial letters which they really need to change to electronic denials by email or SM as they would save a ton of cash doing so and stop my shredder from dieing and early age.

Other sad bits of info this card is 10+ months old and also combined with my Miles old card which is now an IT card.. So to get to this CL it has taken close to two years and a card combination.. Discover really doesn't like my profile lol.  I just don't fit their computer metrics of whatever they seek

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is H3ll freezing over? Finally got a Discover cli

Congrats on CLI !!!!!

Message 2 of 29
thornback
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Finally got a Discover CLI after what 8 or 9 months without getting one.. Still one of my lowest cards at 13.25k.. Was at 11.25k they offered me 450 I took it as was in shock they finally offered me something..  Called in having no shame (hate having to bed) and asked if they could give me any additional as they still aren't on par to majority of most of my other cards she actually raised it another 1650 dollars.  That is a 2k CLI biggest I have ever gotten from discover granted had to wait 9 months for it...  Stats Scores 800+ TU, income into the 6 figures, other cl's basically 7k(Commerce) to max of 60k(BofA) and average or around 25kish.  Normally wouldnt post a 2k CLI, but quite shocked they finally gave me one.  Guess they might of got tired of mailing me denial letters which they really need to change to electronic denials by email or SM as they would save a ton of cash doing so and stop my shredder from dieing and early age.

Nice!! Congratulations Smiley Wink      I just posted about a $900 CLI so... lol.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 29
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on the Disco CLI and the Successful RECON!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 4 of 29
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Congrats. Nice DD!!
Message 5 of 29
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Nice work on the calling in. It worked out for you! Congrats! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 29
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Congrats, my friend!  screamer.gif

I know it's still not where you want it to be (or where it should be) but at least it's finally seeing movement.

I don't know if anybody will ever figure Discover out... Smiley Frustrated

Again, good job!  (And way to persevere with the 'double dip'!) Smiley Very Happy

bravo-gif-2.gif

Message 7 of 29
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats there, @CreditCuriosity!

Message 8 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the CLI @CreditCuriosity!!

Say whaaa? They initially offered you $450 and you didn't decline it?! Shame LOL. I guess h3ll has frozen over 😄 Glad to hear you made out just fine with the double-dip method.

Still not a bad CL for a 2-year old tradeline even with the combo.

Message 9 of 29
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats CC on the double dip CLI!!
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.