Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this idea crazy enough to work? Chase app

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this idea crazy enough to work? Chase app

I was denied for the CSR after in branch pre-approval, which you can see in another thread.

But I still have a fixed apr CSP offer online.

The rep I talked to regarding the CSR didn't have any power to review the app, but she did send it back for review. So there will be eyes on my account.

What if I just app for that CSP offer?!

I'd prefer the CSR, but I'd be plenty happy with the CSP. It's a fixed apr offer and I'd be really surprised if it wasn't instant approval.

Would that work? Or would the reps see it when reviewing my original app and get pissed?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is this idea crazy enough to work? Chase app

IMO, I wouldn't submit it. Just because it displays the fixed APR information doesn't mean that it won't go into review.

As far as "pissed", I would hardly think the application system has feelings, let alone anyone who gets to review it. That being said, they'll likely see the other application on record which is still under reconsideration.

Why not let the process take its course and decide on next steps depending on the outcome of the CSR application? The CSP isn't going anywhere.
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1

@FinStar wrote:
IMO, I wouldn't submit it. Just because it displays the fixed APR information doesn't mean that it won't go into review.

As far as "pissed", I would hardly think the application system has feelings, let alone anyone who gets to review it. That being said, they'll likely see the other application on record which is still under reconsideration.

Why not let the process take its course and decide on next steps depending on the outcome of the CSR application? The CSP isn't going anywhere.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I'm sure you're right.

I had seen a thread here where someone gotten denied for CSR, immediately applied for CSP and was instantly approved.

I was shocked that I didn't get approved for the CSR, but even more so when I heard that the credit analysts were not able to review the app.

I should have just applied for the CSP with the 60k offer, it probably wouldn't have gone into MR and I would have gotten a 10k plus CL

At this point , I'll just wait it out
Message 4 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Sometimes these things happen. In the event that CSR reconsideration is successful then no need for CSP.

Otherwise, wait ~30 days and apply for CSP. Keep us posted on the outcome.
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently, it was approved, then went through a secondary review where it was denied.

I'm not holding out hope for the CSR on this recon. It seems like the computer likes my profile but the analysts dont

But, hopefully I keep the pre-approvals online and can just apply in the future
Message 6 of 24
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was denied for the CSR after in branch pre-approval, which you can see in another thread.

But I still have a fixed apr CSP offer online.

The rep I talked to regarding the CSR didn't have any power to review the app, but she did send it back for review. So there will be eyes on my account.

What if I just app for that CSP offer?!

I'd prefer the CSR, but I'd be plenty happy with the CSP. It's a fixed apr offer and I'd be really surprised if it wasn't instant approval.

Would that work? Or would the reps see it when reviewing my original app and get pissed?

I would call and recon your CSR application. They reasons for the denial they gave doest make sense based your stated profile.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is currently being reconsidered, as in, it has been sent back through the review process

Apparently, the recon agents do not have the authority to change the decision

I'm not sure I understand what is happening exactly. Maybe there is a specific process for the CSR?
Message 8 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

If a judgmental review needs to be conducted, a senior UW is typically involved to make such a determination.

A variety of factors are typically considered and some decisions may require 1 level up for further review. Often times whenever a system override is required, it places the application back in queue. So, until a decision is made, all you can do is just wait it out.
Message 9 of 24
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

if you have other chase cards. maybe can move some credit limit to the CSR?

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.