cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this the Right Time for a Care Credit Application?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this the Right Time for a Care Credit Application?

Hello. New here. I need dental work which is approximately 12K in Oct. I have a thin file and 1CC opened 5/2, UTI 1%. Scores are EX 667, EX 777, TU 793 as of today. Do they still pull TU  and should I go for it today and if approved, work on getting CLI between and Oct?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Is this the Right Time for a Care Credit Application?

How thin is thin?

Your score is only a part of the approval decision.

The more info you give us about yourself, the better we can assist you

Score wise, youre ok but it depends on what your file looks like

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I did a more extensive explanation on rebuilding credit, but here is the short story. TU and EQ showing 2 accounts. One retail card closed in good standing in 2013 and Cap 1 platinum opened 3/2019, UTI 1% SL $300. EX shows these two plus a forclosure closed in Aug 2013 from Nationstar (not an account I now anything about) and to drop off 6/2020 which is why current EX score is 667 and the other two are much higher. I am planning to dispute with EX. I have not used anything credit related since 2008, hence the thin file. I know that I will have to put time in gardening but since I have extensive dental work which I would like to start in Oct, I was hoping to app for Care Credit.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the big boards ... gonna need a tad more background information on your current credit situation to get the care credit experts to chime in ... best of luck
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Heavylifter, thanks for your welcome. I gave more info above and also in my first post incidentally named after a phase you used, "The sport of growing my credit score," in the rebuilding forum.

Message 5 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

If it were me, Id pull the trigger but you wont get a $12k SL.  Maybe $3k but you can go for CLIs afterwards

EDIT  Synchrony will pull EX about 15% of the time

>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 13
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Go for the Care Credit. You will not get anywhere near 12k to start. but you will get something. Also, most dentist are not doing 12k in one appointment. If this is comsmetic, they have all kinds of financing options. Most dentists will do your work over time. Probably faster than you can grow a Care Credit card.

You can work with your dentist's office manager to schedule your work as your finances allow.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys I took the plunge. I first apped for a discover cash back and got $2,700. An hour later I went for it with Care Credit asked for $25K was given $10K. Thanks for giving me the push I needed to get this done. I am now off to gardening for the next 18 months.

Message 8 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Did I say $3k??   I meant to say $13k.   Yeah, $13k

Double congrats

Message 9 of 13
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Guys I took the plunge. I first apped for a discover cash back and got $2,700. An hour later I went for it with Care Credit asked for $25K was given $10K. Thanks for giving me the push I needed to get this done. I am now off to gardening for the next 18 months.

Congratulations on your approvals!!! Call credit solutions and see if you can DD on the SL...  Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.