cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It all started with a $200 fully secured cap1 card

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

It all started with a $200 fully secured cap1 card

Yesterday my Barclaycard (which started at $500 in 2014) was bumped up to $5k via a backdoor call.Two years ago my credit was shot, in the 500s with a BK from 2007 and a 2014 repo to boot (darn nursing school!).  Only thing I could get approved for was a fully secured cap1 card. That $200 was hard to part with but it was a worthwile investment for sure!  A couple months ago I finally closed it (along with all toy limit cards), but I'll never forget what it did for me.  Fast forward to today...over $50k in unsecured credit and a Grand Cherokee lease. Never in my life thought I'd buy a new car in under 2 hours without POI...not to mention automatically approved at the dealership for the FNBO Jeep Mastercard. My AmEx and Discover are both $6k+, Venture $10k. Credit is 700+ across the board, and I'm grateful to this community for keeping me motivated!

To those who are where I was 2 years ago, don't give up hope.  I nearly did, but the positive successes on this forum kept me from wallowing in credit despair and forced me to keep trying. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Regular Contributor

Re: It all started with a $200 fully secured cap1 card

Sounds identical to my story... we should be besties...
Message 2 of 14
Valued Member

@dk2003 wrote:
Sounds identical to my story... we should be besties...

Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 14
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your increase and all of your credit success.
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 4 of 14
Valued Contributor

Very nice story! What a difference two years can make! Congrats to you on all of your successes, and improving your credit scores to what they are today.  You must feel wonderful, and you certainly deserve to!  Best of luck always! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
Established Contributor

Congrats! 

Fell of the wagon -- Gardening starting again 2/25/18- ???
Message 6 of 14
Frequent Contributor

Great Story!! Sounds like my journy. Started out with a $300 capital one platnium 2 years ago now I'm having disscussion with family members about opening a subway...lol

Message 7 of 14
Senior Contributor

Way to go OP , congrats on all your success and hardwork .
Message 8 of 14
Valued Member

Congrats on all your success!!!

Message 9 of 14
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your increase! What a wonderful, motivating story!! I agree MyFico iis awesome with all the knowledge and information provided here. 

"Hover mouse over cards to see CL and APR info"

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.