Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's official, I'm out of the hunt $1,001,450

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

It's official, I'm out of the hunt $1,001,450

I made it today.  Penfed of all banks brought it home.  I was originally denied an increase on my Cash Rewards (7K).  After they denied me and then approved me on recon for a cli on the Defender Amex, I figure why not try again.  Now the Defender went from 10k to 13k (I asked for 17k).  The Defender Amex doesn't see much use but the Cash Rewards is constantly and only used for gas purchases thanks to the 5%.  I sent Penfed a nice short email at the time that I submitted the cli request.  Well the decision was rendered before anyone saw my email and was subsequently denied.  A few hours later, I got a response from Penfed that my request has been submitted for review and would be decisioned within 24-48 hours.  I'm impatient as ever so I called today.  I was hoping and praying only for $2,550 which is what I needed to get to that million mark.  Wel to my surprise, I got a little more.  A whopping 4k increase to 11k.  I've never been so happy to get a credit increase.  I couldn't have done any of this without the likes of all of you.  Those who cheered me on and those who scorned me.  I thank all of you.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 112
111 REPLIES 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It's official, I'm out of the hunt $1,001,450

Congrats on getting over the hump!

Message 2 of 112
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on getting over the hump!

Thanks Irish, now I have to shift focus and find a new hobby Smiley Surprised

___________ 12Njoy
Message 3 of 112
12njoy
Super Contributor

I never considered Penfed as part of my path to my goal.  I am now a proponent of recon's with Penfed.  The only 2 successful recons I have with Penfed has paid dividends twofold over.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 4 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

@12njoy wrote:

I made it today.  Penfed of all banks brought it home.  I was originally denied an increase on my Cash Rewards (7K).  After they denied me and then approved me on recon for a cli on the Defender Amex, I figure why not try again.  Now the Defender went from 10k to 13k (I asked for 17k).  The Defender Amex doesn't see much use but the Cash Rewards is constantly and only used for gas purchases thanks to the 5%.  I sent Penfed a nice short email at the time that I submitted the cli request.  Well the decision was rendered before anyone saw my email and was subsequently denied.  A few hours later, I got a response from Penfed that my request has been submitted for review and would be decisioned within 24-48 hours.  I'm impatient as ever so I called today.  I was hoping and praying only for $2,550 which is what I needed to get to that million mark.  Wel to my surprise, I got a little more.  A whopping 4k increase to 11k.  I've never been so happy to get a credit increase.  I couldn't have done any of this without the likes of all of you.  Those who cheered me on and those who scorned me.  I thank all of you.

12njoy I am sooooo excited for you!! A 'whoo whoo' congrats to you my friend, that is totally amazing!!

You are an inspiration to us all!! Have the best weekend EVER!!

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 112
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Message 6 of 112
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

12njoy I am sooooo excited for you!! A 'whoo whoo' congrats to you my friend, that is totally amazing!!

You are an inspiration to us all!! Have the best weekend EVER!!

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Thanks WadeDalton.  This was a group effort trust me.  I can't take all the credit for accomplishing this.  I've had much help from you all every step of the way.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 7 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW!  Congratulations!  Thats one hell of an acomplishment.

Message 8 of 112
peghede
Valued Contributor

Congrats ,now what's left is Shopping  one million ,make sure you pif.

Message 9 of 112
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Much congrats 12njoy! I remember back to Summer 2013 when you and I both started our journeys around the same time--when you still had that Tires Plus card. I'm only at $350K now and w
BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 10 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.