Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It was a good night for approvals

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

It was a good night for approvals

Thank you everyone for the wealth of information here. Several years ago I destroyed my profile and scores as I went through a divorce. I have no idea what my scores were at their lowest but when I started my rebuild they were the starting scores in my sig.

In hopes of closing on a house in July 2020 and spending as much time in the garden as possible I decided to app for a few cards that I found useful last night.

Citi AA Platinum Select; instant approval at $4.8k. I don't know exactly who they pulled yet as I've gotten no alerts.

BoA instant denial

I checked US Bank for Pre approvals, as I was turned down in May. They came back with several. Hit submit on cash+. Pending as expected. About 3 hours later I got the TU alert and several emails and text alerts from US Bank. Called the UW # and was told that it's approved. Don't know SL yet but I'll call later to find out and to recon if it's $500.

I am beyond thrilled right now, thank you all!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It was a good night for approvals

Good job and congrats! Hopefully you'll be able to get your credit where you want it to be by 2020 Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 22
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Thank you! I'm very close to prime mortgage scores with a dirty profile. They are all aged but I have plenty of inquiries and new accounts as well. By the time 2020 comes I should have gained well over the 30 points needed.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 3 of 22
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!  I'd say you have plenty of time and by then, you'll be better than expected come signing time.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 22
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals! Did you get a reason why the BoA was a denial?

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! C750 on the new cards. It's always nicer to head to the garden with some new shiny plastic in your pocket, isn't it (not that I'd know firsthand)? And 4.8 is a big SL with Citi, no?

Say, are your sig scores (EX 682; TU 674 EQ 715) current?

Plan to recon on BoA? If so, please update (I've been eying them)?

Message 7 of 22
Gokuva
Regular Contributor

Interesting that USBank approved you but you were instantly denied by Bank of America. In my experience US has been more conservative in lending. Did you have a history with either?

Thanks for the data points OP! Cat Happy

Message 8 of 22
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the approvals!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 22
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Thanks. They are current and yea 4.8k is pretty solid for Citi. I'm not sure yet. I wanna sleep on it for a few days and see. They haven't given a reason yet.
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.