Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its a Target Halloween Miracle!

tag
belle6m2k
Regular Contributor

Its a Target Halloween Miracle!

I have had a Target card since 2008 when I was rebuilding. They were the first company to give me a card coming out of credit counseling with a pretty crappy credit score. In turn I had only a $200 limit. I didn't use it much just a few times for small amounts which I consquently paid off. Over the last eight years my credit score has grown from the mid 500'as to a 775, 779, and 749. Over the past year I have tried to get a CLI with absolutely no luck. 2 weeks ago I was in charge of getting a shower gift for a co-worker and she was registered at Target. My other co-workers gave me the money and I put about 150.00 on my card. I subsequently forgot to pay it off before the balance posted. Yesterday I saw I had an alert from this site that my credit report had changed. Target had increased my limit from $200-$500. Its a Halloween Miracle. Im guessing I need to let a balance post before paying it off and do it more frequently, maybe that is the secret. Hopefully I am on my way to higher CLI's!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Its a Target Halloween Miracle!

Congrats on your increase.......after 8 years, it's well deserved! Let's hope the momentum keeps growing ☺️

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's definitely the issue. You have to use the card. My scores are well below yours. I started with a $500 limit and in less than a year it's up to $1700, all through auto increases.
Message 3 of 9
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@belle6m2k wrote:

I have had a Target card since 2008 when I was rebuilding. They were the first company to give me a card coming out of credit counseling with a pretty crappy credit score. In turn I had only a $200 limit. I didn't use it much just a few times for small amounts which I consquently paid off. Over the last eight years my credit score has grown from the mid 500'as to a 775, 779, and 749. Over the past year I have tried to get a CLI with absolutely no luck. 2 weeks ago I was in charge of getting a shower gift for a co-worker and she was registered at Target. My other co-workers gave me the money and I put about 150.00 on my card. I subsequently forgot to pay it off before the balance posted. Yesterday I saw I had an alert from this site that my credit report had changed. Target had increased my limit from $200-$500. Its a Halloween Miracle. Im guessing I need to let a balance post before paying it off and do it more frequently, maybe that is the secret. Hopefully I am on my way to higher CLI's!

It is a Halloween Miracle! Congratulations!!!!

All Target sent me today was a letter to tell me that late fees are going up starting in December! Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Trick to Iheartwings Smiley Wink Treat to Belle6m2k Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 9
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@belle6m2k wrote:

Im guessing I need to let a balance post before paying it off and do it more frequently, maybe that is the secret. 

That is the secret with Target.  Congrats.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@manyquestions wrote:

@belle6m2k wrote:

Im guessing I need to let a balance post before paying it off and do it more frequently, maybe that is the secret. 

They would HATE me 😀

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@manyquestions wrote:

@belle6m2k wrote:

Yes thats the secret, only time I got a auto cli is when I let a balance report.

Message 8 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

LOL on the Halloween miracle! hahaha

Congrats to you on the CLI
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.