Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JC Penney credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JC Penney credit card

I was so young when I had so much credit I just wish I never had all that credit when I was younger ...I just thank God for this second aportunity i always make sure now that my credit cards are paid and I just get the things I really need ND pay them off ND then use them again cuz I never want to go through a second bankruptcy or anything like that ....thank you all for your help and support u guys are amazing here
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had such a hard time with GE before it became Synchrony, and they wouldn’t even lend me a pencil! But after I got my Amazon store card, which my wife signed me up!!! I signed up for a JCP, since our kids are going to growth spurts so quickly we gets deals and pif so any discounts don’t get absorbed by interest, I got approved for 325.00 this was around 8 months ago I was like **bleep** that’s messed up but now it is currently sitting on 10k my Amazon at 8k Ashley at 12.3k just from LUV button! I always asked way more in hopes for it to stick or for a counter at least especially since they are SP. Any CLI is a good one because it leads you to a better one down the road 100 CLI is better than a 7-10 denial.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol it is better then a 7 _10 day denial lol ...I'll wait patiently lol ....what's the luv button I'm new at this so I don't know ....thanks to all you guys u are all so helpful ....wow that's a pretty nice credit limit they gave you now... I know how it is when u have kids and your trying to make every penny strech they grow so quick ...congrats on ur credit limit
Message 13 of 17
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymouswrote:
Lol it is better then a 7 _10 day denial lol ...I'll wait patiently lol ....what's the luv button I'm new at this so I don't know ....thanks to all you guys u are all so helpful ....wow that's a pretty nice credit limit they gave you now... I know how it is when u have kids and your trying to make every penny strech they grow so quick ...congrats on ur credit limit

When you access your CC account online, the "LUV button" is the nickname we give to the link that allows you to request a credit limit increase.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 14 of 17
Miner
Frequent Contributor

I can't speak for their recent policy, but I opened JC Penney storecard in 1997 to get a discount on a $300 purchase, they gave me a $500 limit despite most of my limits being several thousand. I still had that $500 limit when the account was closed in 2008. I actually used that card periodically a few times a year, had excellent credit for most of that period and never was late. It was the only account I've ever had that never got an increase.

The only thing I miss about that card is it is now my oldest account and is about to fall off.
Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you cakedrop5, it all began little by little and also making sure to never be late is a big key above all so good luck on your new journey in building a better credit.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it’s worth anything, I was approved for $100 in March and was just bumped to $3k. Only used the card 3 times.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.