Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JC Penny soft pull? (Approved)

tag
fritscher
Regular Contributor

JC Penny soft pull? (Approved)

I went to JC penney yesterday and they offered me 37.5 percent off on my purchase that was a good discount if I got approved for the card..they promised me it would be a soft pull so i did it and got approved for 2000...when i filled out app it did ask for whole sssn..so i pray it was a soft pull?

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: JC Penny soft pull?

No JcPennys is a Synchrony backed account and as such should be a hard pull most commonly on TU. Check all three bureaus to be sure but if expect a hp. Never take the advice of a cashier or store clerk at face value in terms of credit. Remember they are trained to get you apply and have to sell it. Congrats though, Penny's is a good card
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JC Penny soft pull? (Approved)

Congrats on approval

Message 3 of 5
blunderer
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval and more importantly the 37% savings with the approval.

It would be nice if Synch is doing what Amex does now where they usually SP you for new apps if you already have an account with them...doubt it but it would be nice Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 5
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.