Hello Everyone,

I was approved for the JCPenney credit card
This is my third and last account that I will be applying for 😃

They approve me for $900

Now I have the following

Discover IT $500
Selflender
JCPenney $900

This should be enough to start building my credit and hopefully next year I can apply and get approved for my first AMEX I would be happy to be approved for anything from AMEX just to get in the family but hopefully a nice gold card 😃

Inquiry’s

Experian 2
#1 Capitalone
#2 Chase checking account opening

TransUnion 2
#1 Capitalone
#2 JCPenney

Equifax 3
#1 Discover
#2(AT&T)
#3 Utility company 😒😒

Now I’ll will stop applying, as I don’t need credit and hopefully my Discover and JCPenney accounts grow with me 😃

Thank you everyone

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JCPenny Approval

Congrats!!
Message 2 of 9
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Good Work, Congratulations, nicely done, i love my JCP card, you will too, show some luv and it will grow fastSmiley LOLHeartCongratulations_misti.gif

Message 3 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 9
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new addition!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!! You may be able to go back in and request a higher cl through chat. I've been building a credit empire for myself and my fiance so once he was good with a few bankcards, I said you don't have any store cards yet so let's see where shall we start? He shrugged and said you pick lol so I opted for JCPenney since there's plenty of stuff there to choose from. I helped him app for it, then he was approved for $600 and he was like yays! I said hmmm...hold on. Follow the link and set up your online account. Once he was in, I helped him chat with a live person and stated that he had just been approved, but he was wondering if perhaps he could get more. Since the luv button wasn't there yet, she asked all the questions, asked how much...I said let's keep it simple, ask for $2000 more. SHe said one moment, then came back and said congratulations you now have a $2600 limit! So he's in shock so we wrapped up for the day, but when his card came a week later, we got online again to activate and I said let's try again for more. He said, you're crazy! I said, yes, so what let's try. So again I had him chat, (luv button still wasn't there) and he stated he just received his card and activated it and was wondering again if he could have another increase. She said how much? He's panicking and looking at me and I say, ask for another $2k. So she verifies info again, and says so you want your limit upped to $4600? He says yes, she goes off and comes back congratulations you were approved and now have a $4600 limit! he almost fell off his chair while I woohoo'd all over the place and he's all omg lol. I said yep, thanks to the myfico forums, I have learned a few tricks! So just give it a try, it's only a SP so it won't hurt to ask for more! 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats 👏🏻
Message 7 of 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats and sounds like you had a successful spree!   My JCP approval many, many moons ago for $250 was what started my rebuild.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your JCPenny approval!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.